Friday 5 January 2024

Woodland Scene

As part of my frugal crafting year, I'm on a mission to reduce my 'snippets mountain' - this Christmas card is made entirely from snippets.

To make this card I used:
     5" x 5" white matt card blank
     Creative Dies 'Woodland Scene' die
     Snippets of white matt card, Funky Fossil 'In To The Blue' paper and silver mirri

I die cut the woodland scene from white matt card, removing the small tree from the bottom of the die cut as I prefer the scene without it.  I didn't have a large enough snippet of blue paper to cover the whole of the back of the die cut, so I used two small snippets - making the join behind one of the trees so it doesn't show.  The panel was then layered onto silver mirri and attached to the centre of the card.  To finish I die cut the star (part of the Woodland Scene die) from silver mirri and attached it above the deer.

I am entering the following challenges:
     52 Christmas Card Throwdown - Clean and Simple
     ABC Christmas Challenge - Y for Your Choice (my choice is die cuts using lots of snippets)
     Allsorts - Cold as Ice
     Pearly Sparkles Challenge - Clean and Simple

Kath x

8 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautiful clean and fresh silhouette design and it feels great to use up some of those snippets doesn't it? I must tackle my mountain!
Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

brenda said...

Very striking in the vivid blue and white Kath, prefect for our Allsorts option, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Pat said...

This is a lovely die featuring the deer amongst the trees, and the white die cut backed with the blue card really makes it stand out Kath, and the star and silver mat go beautifully. x

Ellibelle said...

A beautiful CAS design, thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

meg said...

A wonderful woodland scene Kath

Lynda said...

Such a lovely scene - the blue is a great background to the white. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Fabiola said...

splendide Kath, jolie scène hivernale, merci de jouer avec nous et la simplicité chez 52CCT, biz

Gale said...

Gorgeous card Kath! Love the blue paper. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Pearly Sparkles Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Gale DT for
http://pearlysparkleschallenge.blogspot.com/