Thursday 25 January 2024

January Rudolph Day

It's time for the first Rudoph Day of 2024 and sadly it will be the last challenge as ScrappyMo is closing the challenge blog.  I love RD and over the years have entered 93 cards into the challenge, the first was in May 2013 when Sarn was running the challenge, and I have also been Guest Designer for five challenges.

For the past few years I've enjoyed working to a theme for my Rudolph Day cards.  In 2017 I used images from a Lili of the Valley Art Pad, in 2018 my cards were 4" x 4", in 2019 all cards had a Christmas tree on them, in 2020 I used wet and/or dry embossing on my cards, in 2021 I used something that had been upcycled, in 2022 I used something that had been a cover gift with a magazine and last year all my cards were cross stitch designs.  This year I had decided to have a colour theme and my cards were to be white, green and gold - this is my first and last with this theme.

To make this card I used:
     5" x 5" white matt card blank
     Uniko 'Rustic Wreath' stamps
     Lawn Fawn 'Outside In Stitched Square Stackables' & Memory Box 'Mini Holly Leaves' dies
     Versafine Olympia Green ink
     Snippets of white matt card and gold mirri card

I placed a snippet of white card into my MISTI and stamped the wreath and sentiment with green ink.  The panel was then cut with a stitched die, layered onto a snippet of gold mirri card and attached to the card front.  To finish, I die cut lots of small holly berries from gold mirri and attached them around the wreath.

I am entering the following challenges:
     ABC Christmas Challenge - A is for Anything Goes
     Christmas Kickstart Challenge - The Midas Touch 
     Daisy Chain Challenge - No Design Paper
     Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes
     Rudolph Day - January challenge
     52 Christmas Card Throwdown - Wreaths

Kath x

16 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Kath,
such a pity we won't see more of this idea of yours as the combination is very beautiful.
Love the beautiful card and your excellent wreath design.
Thank you for being a great DT and always entering such fabulous designs and ideas for the challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Pat said...

This is beautiful Kath, and love the added gold berries, and the background gold mirri layer, and the 'Peace and Joy' sentinent has a wonderful font. You have obviously decided against this theme, but it certainly works brilliantly on this card. x

Sarn said...

Oh, this is such a gorgeous CAS card Kath. A great idea to have this colour theme for 2024.

I was sorry to learn Maureen is closing the challenge. She’s done a superb job since taking over. Hope someone is available to take over from Maureen. Bless you for the shout out too xxx

Liz said...

Beautiful CAS Christmas card, Kath. The wreath is wonderful and the added gold berries are just perfect.
Liz xx

Anita van Deur said...

Beautiful card Kath very inspirational! Thank you so much for joining us at. The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge! Anita DT

LesleyG said...

Very elegant card Kath, just beautiful, and a great idea for a theme. I was sad to read the RD news, as I’m still catching up with my blog visits. I’m hoping someone will be able to take it on, but if not, I vote we carry on posting for it anyway! Xxx

Erikine spominčice said...

Cute card with wreath. I like the simplicity.

mamapez5 said...

This card is very neat and elegant. I envy anyone who can make lovely CAS cards. I can never leave blank spaces alone! Kate x

Mrs A. said...

End of an era indeed.A lovely card to finish on entering. p.a. I see you have new camper. Hugs Mrs A.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So gorgous, Kath - love your color combo for 2024 & so glad it fits the theme at Christmas Kickstart too!! Thanks for sharing!! Linda the Elf

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Kath, I love your card - your colour combo is perfect, and I love all that crisp, white space. Thanks for playing along with Linda and me at Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful Christmas card! Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

Goga said...

A beautiful wreath on a greeting card. Thanks for the company at 52CCT. Goga

Andreja said...

What a beautiful festive card :-)) I like your wreath!
Thank you for playing with us at 52CCT ❤️

Sue - said...

A beautiful card Kath, very elegant. You could still do a card a month following your theme!

Mummylade said...

This card is soooo elegant! Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas challenge