Tuesday 9 January 2024

Cute Cross Stitch Robin

Last year I bought some pre-loved Christmas cross stitch charts and kits and this cute robin was amongst them.  It had originally been a cover gift with a magazine and is from a design by Lucy Heaton.  

To make this card I used:
     4" x 4" white matt card blank
     Robin cross stitch kit by Lucy Heaton
     Lawn Fawn 'Outside In Stitched Square Stackables' dies
     Snippet of dark red matt card

The kit gave instructions to patch the finished design onto the card blank that had been in the kit, but I chose to make my own card blank.  After finishing the stitching I attached it to the rear of a frame that had been die cut from dark red card and then attached it to the front of the card blank.   The kit also contained a small bell for the top of the tree and a small bow for the bottom of the tree, but I chose to leave them off to make the card design simpler and also also to make it easier and cheaper to post the card.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Ally's Angels - Anything Goes
     Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes
     Love to Craft - Anything Christmas Goes
     Merry Little Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes

Kath x     

5 comments:

Pat said...

So cute Kath and the accompanying dark red card shows it off beautifully. x

Stamps and Paper said...

Sweet card Kath such a lovely cross stitch image

Anne

Mrs A. said...

Hello Kath, putting the red card stock with the sampler really shows off the robin. Really cute. wishing you a Happy New Year. hugs Mrs A.

Dagmara Gorczyńska said...

Brilliant card! I love stitching card! Maybe it's because I myself can't do it anymore. Happy New Year!

Liz said...

Love this card Kath, such a cute design. xx