Saturday 27 January 2024

Always be Kind

I was very lucky to win a £25.00 gift voucher in the Snippets Playground and chose a voucher to spend at CraftStash as some items on my 'Wish List' were in their sale.  I spent an extra £5.00 to avoid paying postage costs and was able to buy a Sizzix stamp and die set, two Creative Expressions dies, two Woodware stamps and a Creative Expressions stamp - so I have plenty of 'new toys' to play with this year.  This card uses the lovely Creative Expressions 'Be Kind' stamp - I used the sentiment in the set but as it's separate from the floral frame stamp I can use the frame with other sentiment stamps too.

To make this card I used:
     7" x 5" white matt card blank
     Creative Expressions 'Be Kind' stamp
     Versafine Imperial Purple ink
     Cosmic Shimmer Clear Detail embossing powder
     Lilac and Pale Gold Promarkers
     Gold gems
     Wink of Stella
     Snippet of white matt card and gold sparkle card

I placed the white card into my MISTI and stamped the outline and sentiment a few times to get a good depth of colour before embossing them with clear embossing powder.  The panel was trimmed, layered onto gold sparkle card and attached to the centre of the card blank.  I used lilac and pale gold Promarkers to colour the flower and circles and then highlighted them with plenty of Wink of Stalla.  To finish I added three small gold to the frame.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Allsorts - Anything But Square
     Ally's Angels - Anything Goes
     As You Like It Challenge - Pearls or Gems (I don't often use either, but my favourite is gems and I have them in several colours - they're perfect to add a bit of sparkle to a card)
     Moving Along With The Times - New Craft Item (I have used my new stamps)
     We Love Stamping - Something New (I have used my new stamps)

Kath x

16 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely design and the gems just add that bit of interest. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your win and love the beautiful image.
Carol x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kath,
congrats on winning the snippets playground.
your new stamps used aare fabulous and they look super stamped in that purple ink with the white and gold background.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L DT

Pat said...

That is a very pretty CE stamp Kath and love the bit of yellow and purple you have added, and the mustard yellow matted layer coordinates beautifully. Great that you managed to get so many things with the prize and Craft Stash have a great selection of brands and good items in their sales. x

HilaryJane said...

Lucky you on your win and restricting your extra spend to just £5. I am sure if it was me it would have been an excuse to splash out. Love your card, great colours and it is so nice to see it in the we love stamping gallery. Thanks for joining us xx

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Kath. You made a good choice with your voucher. Enjoy using all your new crafty goodies. Looking forward to seeing what else you make.
Liz xx

LesleyG said...

A lovely card, and congratulations, I’m sure you’re going to have a lot of fun, can’t wait to see what you create next! Xxx

coldwaters2 said...

What a beautiful stamp you have used this is such a delight to see thank you for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

Dena J said...

A beautiful and versatile frame! Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Congrats on your win at Snippets Playground, you used your voucher very well, a lot of new toys to play with! Beautiful card to show one of them, love the elegant design with a "pop style" twist!
Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

Jules said...

Hi Kath

Many congratulations on your playground win .. .. and also on being able to buy such a lot of lovely crafty goodies with your voucher.

Love the card you have created here. Great design and colour choices.

Hope you have had a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

brenda said...

A very pretty creation, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts and We Love Stamping challenges.

B x

Darnell said...

Congratulations on your win and your productive shopping, Kath! I love this image and what a wonderful reminder sediment for the whole world! I'd love to see your new things in the gallery at NBUS, too, if you like! Hugs, Darnell

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a super win to get extra "toys", a beautiful stamp and sentiment. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

Sarn said...

Oh, that's a pretty card made with your new "toys". What a lovely choice! Congrats again.xxx

Mervi said...

Beautiful card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts
and at We Love Stamping Challenges;-))m