Friday 19 January 2024

Lighthouse Collage

I spotted this preloved Stampendous 'Lighthouse Collage' stamp in a charity shop last week and couldn't resist buying it as it was a 20p bargain!  It was another wooden stamp but, like my Woodware stamps, I was able to peel the whole stamp from the rubber block so I can use it in my MISTI.

To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white matt card blank
     Stampendous 'Lighthouse Collage' and Practical Publishing 'Stamps for All Occasions' stamps
     Versafine Vintage Sepia ink
     Snippets of brown card and Marianne Design 'Watercolour' paper

As the foam was still on the back of the stamp I removed the foam pad from my MISTI before using brown ink to stamp the image onto a snippet of blue watercolour paper.  I replaced the foam pad into the MISTI and lined the 'Happy Birthday' sentiment to the right before stamping it a couple of times with brown ink to ensure it was the same depth of colour as the collage.  I trimmed the panel to 5" x 5", layered it onto dark brown card and attached it to the centre of the card blank.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Cardz 4 Guys - Something New from Stash (I have used a 'new to me' stamp)
     Make My Monday - Happy Birthday
     Moving Along With The Times - New Craft Item (I have used my new Stampendous stamp)
     Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes

Kath x

10 comments:

Linda said...

Awesome lighthouse collage stamp that you have created into a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Pat said...

This looks very pretty just stamped without any colouring and the blue watercoloured paper used to stamp it onto looks great Kath..love the vertical sentiment too. x

dj said...

I love it when another's trash becomes your treasure!! What a great find!! Thanks for playing along with our "Use something new from your stash" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz. Way to go nailing the masculine portion of our challenge with that nautical collage stamp. -Deb Horst, DT #C4G338

Mrs A. said...

What a bargain. Can see why you couldn't resist. Hugs Mrs A.

Jules said...

Hi Kath

A great bargain .. .. and a lovely finished card too.

I do this rather than take my stamps off their wooden blocks

https://jules-alwayswithaheart.blogspot.com/2020/02/wood-mounted-stamps-in-misti.html

Just in case it helps.

Love Jules xx

Liz said...

Great masculine card Kath, I love the image. You always seem to find some great crafty things charity shops. xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kath,
what a wonderful bargain and the stamped design look super.
Love the sepia colour ink used.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L DT

Lynne in NI said...

What a great bargain, it's perfect for your card!

Jolanda Johnstone said...

A wonderful clean and simple card, Kath. Always a go to for a guy card. Clean lines and to the point. Always fun to play with new stamps. Thanks for joining us this round at C4G. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

Billie A said...

Wonderful creative card. love the look. Thanks for sharing over at Make my Monday, Cardz 4 guyz