Tuesday 19 May 2015

O Little Town

The current challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown is 'O Little Town' and I made this card with an image from my upcyling box.  The card and paper are from my snippets drawer so I'm also paying another visit to the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.


Card blank: 6" x 4" white silk 
Other: Upcycled Christmas card, star peel-offs, Wink of Stella
Snippets: Gold mirri card, blue snowflake paper

I layered the blue snowflake paper onto gold mirri card and attached it to the card front.   I fussy cut around the village and trimmed it to size before attaching it to the bottom of the card.  I then added the star peel-offs and added a Wink of Stella to the snow.

Kath x

14 comments:

Patricia Hays said...

This is a sweet, peaceful nighttime scene. I can understand why you wanted to upcycle it! The star stickers coordinate nicely with the gold outlines on the town image. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at 52CCT! I hope you'll join us again soon for another challenge.

Jo said...

Such a beautiful image Kath, makes for a gorgeous Christmas card.
Jo x

Sarn said...

EXCELLENT. Really lovely festive make and beautifully coloured. xxx

Di said...

Oh Kath, what a great piece of upcycling! A stunning result!

Hugs

Di xx

Jean said...

Beautifully recycled card.
Jean x

Sue said...

Lovely card Kath.

Hope you've had a good day. Sue

Unknown said...

Wooow, I love it! Enjoy the week honey!

I invite you to join my worldwide giveaway: Polka dots dress

Do you want to follow each other? Let me know and I'll do the same:
My blog | Bloglovin

(ღˇ◡ˇ)♥(ˇ∗ˇღ)

cotnob said...

A fabulous Christmas card Kath, such a lovely colourful scene.
Pauline
x

MaryH said...

It's just beautiful! Love the combination of the pretty recycling & your fab peel off stars. Just a really wonderful use of materials on hand to make a spectacular card. Well done! TFS & Hugs

Tanja said...

love those sweet houses and the lovely scene that you have created - thanks for joining us at the 52 CCT

KandA said...

Wonderful card Kath and fabulous recycling too xx

Greta said...

What a fabulous up-cycle--love it!

Deborah Frings said...

Gorgeous little town scene - and a great way to recycle too! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week! Sorry to be so late commenting!

scrappymo! said...

This is so pretty! Love that little village.