Sunday 17 May 2015

Let your dreams take flight

This card was made for the current CAS(E) this Sketch challenge and as the paper and card were from my snippets drawer, I'm also in the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.


Card Blank:  7" x 5" white silk 
Stamp: Hot off the Press 'Feathers' (magazine freebie)
Die: Memory Box 'Beautiful Balloon'
Ink: Versafine Majestic Blue
Other: Wink of Stella
Snippets: Blue, gold, silver card and cloud paper

I stamped the sentiment in the bottom corner of the card and traced over the image with a Wink of Stella.  I layered snippets of cloud paper onto a strip of blue card (making sure the join in the papers would be covered by the balloons) and attached them to the card blank. I die cut two balloons, the gold balloon was attached directly onto the card and the silver balloon was attached with foam tape.  To finish, I outlined the embossed area of the balloons with a Wink of Stella.

Kath x

9 comments:

Jean said...

A great case of the sketch, I like the cloud paper very much and the sentiment is perfect.
Jean x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kath,
what a fab creation today.
Really like that paper it goes so well with the hot air balloons.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sue said...

Fabby card Kath.

Hope you have a good start to the week. Sue

Sarn said...

Up up and away! Lovely card, perfect sentiment and great interpretation of the sketch.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Wonderful card Kath! I think I have one sheet of that cloud paper left here, what a clever way to use it - in a panel! And the balloons are perfect!

Hugs

Di xx

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is wonderful! I love your take on the sketch!

MaryH said...

Very CAS & evokes quite a sense of freedom & adventure with these 2 hot air balloons floating on that cool cloud panel. Great design. TFS & Hugs

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card Kath, brilliant CAS design.
Pauline
x

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous!