Wednesday 13 May 2015

Butterfly and Jagged Edges

The current Butterfly Challenge is 'J for Jagged Edges' - as I'm more a ruler and craft knife person I found this a challenging challenge!   The papers and card are from my snippets drawer so I'm paying my final visit to the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.


Card blank: 6" x 6" white hammer
Stamp: Hobby Art 'Happy Birthday'
Die: Crafty Ann 'Butterfly 7'
Ink: Versafine Imperial Purple
Snippets: Lilac papers, moondust card

I stamped the sentiment in the bottom corner of the card.  To get a jagged edge on my papers, I placed the blade of my bread knife on top of the papers and then ripped them!  I trimmed the largest strip of paper so it came halfway across the card, the other strips were ripped so they would be of equal size when attached to the card.   Each strip was attached to the card by the inner edge only, so it gave a more jagged appearance.   I die-cut the butterfly and attached the body with a couple of dots of tacky glue and then curled the wings.

Kath x

11 comments:

Sue said...

Kath, This is beautiful. I love the torn papers and the butterly. The colours all blend great.

Hope you have had a nice day and you have a nice relaxing evening. Sue

KandA said...

This is gorgous Kath. Love the CAS design and your mix of papers with the fabulous butterfly. Mrs A really has challenged us this fortnight with her 'j for jagged' xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kath,
what a very wonderful card.
Super paper tearing, and wonderful papers used too.
Fab butterfly.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jean said...

A beautiful card, I love the gorgeous papers and subtle colours. The torn edges look great and the butterfly die is lovely too, I've not seen that one before.
Jean x

Liz said...

A beautiful card, Kath. I love the papers. I'm finding this butterfly challenge challenging too! I've still not made my card and there's not many days left before the challenge ends. xx

Debs said...

Beautiful card Kath - love the colours.
Debs xx

cotnob said...

This is a beautiful card Kath, such a wonderful design.
Pauline
x

mamapez5 said...

I can see you prefer staaight edges; your jagged ones are so neat, and straight!! I think this is lovely. The papers work together well and the butterfly is a beautiful match. Kate x

Di said...

Oh Kath, this is beautiful! I'm really struggling with the jagged edges too - you did a great job with the bread knife! :)

Hugs

Di xx

Mrs A. said...

Oh my goodness not the breadknife! Lol. I can see I need to attach a health and safety warning on all further challenges!!
Love the colours and the bread knife did work a treat. Gorgeous butterfly and ilike the curled wings idea too. Thankyou for fluttering by
#30. hugs Mrs A.

Sarn said...

GENIUS idea to use the bread knife to create jagged edges. LOVE the pretty butterfly card you've made here xxx