Saturday 9 May 2015

Merry Monday Embossing

The current challenge at Merry Monday is 'Embossing' so I've used my Lace Tree embossing folder to make this quick and simple card.  I'm also entering the Winter Wonderland challenge which is 'Oh Christmas Tree'.


Card blank: 7" x 5" red hammer
Embossing: Cuttlebug 'Lace Tree'
Card: Silver mirri and white matt
Other: Red heart brad, Wink of Stella

I embossed the lace tree on white card and trimmed it to size.  I attached the heart brad to the centre of the trunk before layering the image onto silver mirri card and attaching it to the card blank.   I coloured the whole tree with a Wink of Stella to add some sparkle.

Kath x

9 comments:

KandA said...

What a gorgous elegant card. Love the embossed tree and I like the way you added the little brad xx

Sue said...

Such an elegant card. I love how the heart makes it all stand out.

Hope you are having a nice weekend. ~ue

Liz said...

Stunning! I have this lovely embossing folder, but haven't been happy with the cards I've made with it. I think I might have to CASE this one. xx

Bonnie said...

What a gorgeous embossed tree, Kath! I love how you've framed it and that tiny heart! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

cotnob said...

Such an elegant card Kath, beautiful embossing and the red and white combination is so effective.
Pauline
x

Stamping Bubbles said...

Beautiful card Kath. The red and white colour combination is so elegant.
Lesley

Karren said...

Just beautiful! The little red heart is such a perfect touch! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

BożenA said...

Very elegant card. Congratulations on the victory.
Regards,
Bozena

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on your win, Kath. Your card is lovely - I like the simplicity of the embossed panel on a silver and red background. Elizabeth xx