Saturday 30 May 2015

Butterfly and Doily

I made this thank you card for the current Butterfly Challenge which is 'D for Doily'.   I'm also entering Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge.


Card blank: 6" x 6" white silk
Stamp: Stampendous 'Thank You'
Ink: Versafine Vintage Sepia
Card: Dark brown and green
Paper: Butterfly and rose paper
Other: Dovecraft Lace Doily, Wink of Stella

I trimmed the paper, layered it onto green and brown card and then attached it to the card front.  I stamped the sentiment in the middle of the doily and then trimmed it to size as I didn't want it to cover the border on my paper.   The doily was attached to the card and then I outlined the sentiment with a Wink of Stella.

Kath x

8 comments:

Liz said...

A really pretty card. The patterned paper looks lovely as a backing for the doily. xx

Sue said...

Kath, That is beautiful. It looks so elegant . You've given me some inspiration for using Doilys.

Hope you have a nice day. Sue

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper May challenge with your delightful crafting - hope to see you again soon x

Mrs A. said...

Very pretty. Like how you have stamped the sentiment straight onto the doily and then trimmed to fit. Thankyou for fluttering by my # 31. Hugs Mrs A.

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Kath, lovely papers and such a good idea to stamp the sentiment on a doily.
Pauline
x

Jean said...

A lovely card, the paper is so very pretty, and your placement of the doily with the greeting stamped on it looks really nice too.
Jean x

Darnell said...

Oh, I'll bet that WOS is the perfect finishing touch for your very pretty card, Kath! I love the sediment stamped on the doily!! Hugs, Darnell

Lesley said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for taking part in the Butterfly Challenge xx

Lesley, GD