Tuesday 5 April 2022

Hello

When Hilary sent me my Card Chain Challenge card she also enclosed the pink die cut from her card which I've used for this notecard.

I trimmed around the edge of the pink die cut, layered it onto a snippet of dark maroon, blue and grey marbled paper and attached it to the card  I attached another snippet of the marbled paper to a piece of white card and die cut hello.  I also die cut 'hello' twice from white card.  I layered the two white die cuts and attached them to the bottom of the card before attaching the marbled die cut, slightly offset to create a shadow.

To make this card I used:
     6" x 4" white matt card blank
     Lisa Horton 'Background Collection Solar Circles' p
ink die cut panel (thanks for the die details Liz)
     A
ltenew 'Simply Hello' die
     Snippets of white card and marbled paper

I am entering the following challenges:
     Love to Craft - Anything Goes
     Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
     Snippets Playground - Challenge 425

Kath x

9 comments:

meg said...

The circles die layer is fabulous Kath a wonderful make

Carol S. said...

Sorry I haven't been around for a while but won't bore you with the details, they are on my blog on my post!
Brilliant design on your card Kath and love the colours. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

Pat said...

Such a lovely idea of Hilary's to send you the piece that she cut the circles from Kath, and you have made a wonderful card with it adding that dark marbled paper, and the die cut sentiment also cut from this which coordinates so well, and the white under layer makes it stand out beautifully. x

Stamps and Paper said...

Love the colour combination of your great card Kath

Anne

Sarn said...

Great use of the die cut your swap partner sent you.

Thanks for submitting your homework to the Snippets Playground. Playmates from the cookery class just bought up some scones to the Treehouse, come and have a cuppa and a scone. xxx

Sue said...

Hi Kath, Love the design. I can imagine that in so many colours.

Hope you have a nice day. Sue

Liz said...

Great card Kath, I love the colours you've used. The die is Lisa Horton Background Collection Solar Circles. x

Di said...

Beautiful card Kath! I do love the die cut and you used it perfectly! Brilliant piece of upcycling.

Hugs

Di xx

Cathy said...

Wonderful card Kath, love the look of the circle die and the marbled layer underneath, I agree this would be great in so many colour combinations, Cathy x