Tuesday 26 April 2022

April Rudolph Day

It's Rudolph Day again - time is flying by, where is this year going?   My Rudolph Day theme this year is to use items that have been cover gifts with magazines.  This card uses an 'Opulent Baubles' set that was a cover gift a Practical Publishing magazine - although I can't recall which one.

I embossed a piece of white card and trimmed the edges before attaching it to the card blank - the embossing folder had also die cut the bauble shape from the embossed panel.  I attached a snippet of green marbled paper onto a snippet of card and stamped the bauble with black ink before embossing it with clear embossing powder.  I placed the bauble into the embossing folder and die cut it before inlaying it into the card.  I stamped the bow onto a snippet of green textured card using black ink and then embossed it with clear embossing powder.  To finish I fussy cut the bow and attached it to the top of the bauble.


To make this card I used:
     6" x 4" white matt card blank
     Practical Publishing 'Opulent Baubles' embossing folder and dies
     Versafine  Onyx Black ink
     Cosmic Shimmer Clear Detail embossing powder
     Snippets of green marbled paper, green textured card and white matt card

I am entering the following challenges:
     Allsorts - Something Beginning with B (I have chosen Bauble & Bow)
     HappyLittle Stampers Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes
     Rudolph Day - April Challenge

   
Kath x

12 comments:

meg said...

Love the details on your stamped bauble,a fantastic card

Ellibelle said...

Gorgeous card, Kath. Love the embossing and beautiful bauble! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Allsorts challenge!

Pat said...

This is a really pretty embossed background Kath and the green marbled paper looks so pretty for the base of the lovely stamped bauble, and I love the green clear embossed bow which finishes it..a beautiful Christmas card. x

Dena J said...

Lovely technique. I love the colorful bauble on the textured white! Thank you for sharing your card with us at the Allsorts challenge this week.

Sue said...

Lovely card.

brenda said...

I thought the very same when I was preparing the May challenges Kath. A delightful CAS creation, thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

LesleyG said...

Very elegant Kath, love the detail and at the same time it’s simplicity xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Another beautiful Christmas card Kath

Anne

Whisper said...

Oooo what a stunning bauble embossing and the bauble, thanks for joining us atApril's Rudolph Days Christmas Challenge, Luv Sam x

Carol S. said...

A beautiful card Kath and love texture background. A pretty bauble too. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

Liz said...

Great Christmas card Kath, I love the embossing folder. xx

scrappymo! said...

I enjoyed reading how you created this lovely card. The bauble is so pretty!

Thanks for taking part in the April Rudolph Days Challenge!