Saturday 2 April 2022

Friends are the Best Gifts

This is the card I made for Tina for the March Card Chain Challenge.  I used the Colour Option (Green, Pink & Brown), the Theme Option (Friendship) and the Product Option (Patterned Paper).

I trimmed my last snippet of the lovely pink Antebellum paper and layered it onto brown textured card.  I placed the panel into my MISTI and stamped the sentiment in brown ink before embossing it with clear embossing powder. The panel was then attached to the front of the card.  To finish I die cut two small brown butterflies and attached them alongside the sentiment.

To make this card I used:
     5" x 5" white matt card blank
     Tattered Lace 'Mini Butterflies' dies
     Practical Publishing 'Stamps for All Occasions' sentiment stamp
     Versafine Vintage Sepia ink
     Cosmic Shimmer Clear Detail Embossing Powder
     Snippets of Lili of the Valley 'Antebellum' paper and brown textured card

I am entering the following challenges:
     Love to Craft - Anything Goes
     Love to Scrap - Anything Goes

This is the lovely card I received from Hilary -

Kath x

9 comments:

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautifully done card, I am sure Tina loved it! And the card from Hilary is so pretty too!

meg said...

Your background paper is beautiful Kath,the sentiment and butterflies were all that was needed to create a stunning card

HilaryJane said...

Your card is so soft and beautiful, that paper is the perfect choice for the colours. Glad you like my card xx

Liz said...

Super card Kath, I love the beautiful sentiment. xx

Tina Z. said...

I love your card, it is stunning and very elegant, I like your embossed sentiment.
your received great card from Hillary.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What gorgeous paper, Kath - perfect with that sentiment and the bitty butterflies!!

Sue said...

Hi Kath, Lovely cards. I especially like the best friend one. Sue

Sarn said...

What lovely paper - it's made a gorgeous card Kath.

Hugs, Sarn x

Pat said...

That paper is gorgeous Kath and it looks great with just the added sentiment and sweet little butterflies, and a really pretty card you received from Hilary too. x