Tuesday 25 January 2022

January Rudolph Day

It's time for the first Rudolph Day of 2022!  For the past few years I've enjoyed working to a theme for my Rudolph Day cards.  In 2017 I used images from a Lili of the Valley Art Pad, in 2018 my cards were 4" x 4", in 2019 all cards had a Christmas tree on them, in 2020 I used wet and/or dry embossing on my cards and last year I used something that had been upcycled on my cards.  This year my cards will all use something that has been a cover gift with a magazine.

This month's card uses a 'Nativity Bauble' die that was a cover gift with Die-Cutting Essentials magazine. I trimmed a piece of white hammer card so it was slightly smaller than the card blank and rounded the corners.  I die cut the Nativity Bauble from the centre of the panel before attaching it to the card.  I die cut the bauble from dark blue pearlescent card and inlaid it into the aperture.  I attached a snippet of gold patterned paper onto a thin piece of card (so it was the same thickness as the aperture) and die cut the bauble before inlaying the background.  To finish I die cut the star from gold mirri and attached it to the top of the bauble.

To make this card I used:
     5" x 5" white hammer card blank
     Practical Publishing 'Memory Box Nativity Bauble'
     Snippets of white hammer card, dark blue pearlescent card, thin white matt card, gold mirri and gold patterned paper

I am entering the following challenges:
     Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge - Anything Goes
     Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes
     Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
     Merry Little Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes
     Rudolph Day - January challenge
     Snippets Playground - Challenge 420

Kath x

14 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a wonderful card and a great start to your Rudolph Days journey for 2022. I look forward to seeing what you will be making next month. Thank you for joining in the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

Sue xx

meg said...

Love your card Kath,the diecut nativity scene is beautiful in these colours,a stunning CAS card

Lynne said...

I love how you have themes for your Rudolph cards each year. This card is lovely and a great die to get with a magazine x

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Kath.. I love the nativity bauble

Anne

Jenny L said...

Hi Kath,
Happy Rudolf Days.
Oh what a brilliant idea the different years and ideas for your Rudolf cards.
I love this years theme and this card.
What a grogeous scene in that very pretty shape bauble and the colours look brill also.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

mamapez5 said...

I have this die too. It makes such lovely CAS cards. I like the colour you chose for your background. Kate x

Joan said...

What a lovely card, that bauble is beautiful

Joan

Joan said...

What a beautiful bauble, love your card


Joan x

Joan said...

Beautiful bauble, I love your card. Great idea to have a yearly theme



Joan

Pat said...

This is a super nativity scene Kath in this tear drop shape with the star on the top which looks great cut from gold mirri so that it stands out beautifully. x

Carol S. said...

A beautiful CAS card Kath. The Nativity scene is gorgeous. Big hugs, Carol S.xxx

Sarn said...

Belated Happy Rudolph Day wishes to you!

Absolutely adore this sweet little card. LOVE that you have used themes for the last few years and will look forward to seeing what you make with our mag gifts.

I've put the coffee pot on and there are still a few almond cookies available up in the Playground Treehouse. Come and pull up a comfy chair.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Lovely card Kath and such a super idea to 'theme' your RD cards each year. This really is super and also very elegant as well.

Hugs

Di xx

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Your Christmas card is very elegant. Thank for joining us at MLCCB
Tina DT