Friday 28 January 2022

Have a Gorgeous Day

I was lucky to win one of the prizes in the Snippet's Playground Grand Draw (two lovely Uniko stamp sets).  Di sent pretty notecards with the prizes and challenged the winners to upcycle the front of the card. 

As the card is so pretty I didn't want to cut away too much, so just trimmed the edges. I stamped the sentiment (Lil'inker Designs 'Modern Mehndi) in the lower corner with Versafine Deep Lagoon ink.  It looked a bit too dark to match the turquoise matt layer so I stamped over the top with Brilliance Pearlescent Sky Blue ink.  As the ink wasn't drying well I was about to sprinkle it with embossing powder when disaster struck and I smudged it!   So out came my Tombow Sand Eraser (a prize a few years ago in the Snippets Playground) and I managed to remove the smudge, dabbed the missing inky section with a Versamark pen and then embossed it with clear embossing powder.  To finish I layered the panel onto the turquoise pearlescent card before attaching it to the card blank.

Thank you Di for the pretty card and the sand eraser!

Kath x

3 comments:

Carol S. said...

A pretty card Kath. What a lovely prize. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Sue said...

Hi Kath, Lovely card. I love upcycled cards. Sue

Pat said...

I was lucky enough to win a prize and have the pretty tree to upcycle too so will have to have a think how to use it as beautifully as you have Kath. I love the blue matted layer and the lovely sentiment finishes it perfectly. x