Wednesday 8 April 2020

Thinking of You

I bought a magazine several weeks ago as I liked the fern stamp and die set which was a cover gift.  I put the magazine into Cali to read when we were away - how life can change over a few weeks!  I've emptied Cali as we're obviously not going away for several months and have found the magazine.  The stamp and die set is perfect for Darnell's new NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) challenge.

I die cut the fern from brown card and then used my MISTI to stamp the coordinating fern.  I embossed the fern with clear embossing powder and set it aside.  I trimmed the paper to make the largest square possible and layered it into brown card before putting it into my MISTI.  I placed the fern onto the card to line up the sentiment.  I removed the fern before stamping and embossing the sentiment and then attached the panel to the card.  To finish I used strong glue to attach the fern.


To make this card I used:
     5" x 5" white matt card blank
     Bright Rosa 'Fern' stamp and die set
     Versafine Vintage Sepia ink
     Stampendous clear embossing powder
     Snippets of brown pearlescent card and Wild Rose Studio 'Peach Blossom' paper

I am entering the following challenges:
     Allsorts - Something Old, Something New (the snippet of paper is old - the pad was first used on my blog in 2016 - and the stamp and die set is
     new)
     NBUS - Challenge 13
     Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge 375

Kath x

11 comments:

Jane Willis said...

Oh this is gorgeous! I thought about getting that magazine for the fern die but I've bought far too much new stash this year already. I'm regretting not having got it now though.

Pat said...

Like Jane above, I saw this fern and die and had already bought a couple of magazines recently to that so decided not to get it, but seeing your beautiful card has made me wish I had bought it. I love the embossed look and the pretty background paper and matted layer. A really pretty card Kath. x

meg said...

A wonderful card love the stamp and coordinating die

Sue said...

Hi Kath, That's lovely. Sue

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful fern on the cream patterned paper, Kath!!

Kathleen said...

A great CAS card with lovely dies and colours. Thank you for joining our 'Old, New, Borrowed, Blue' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

brenda said...

It's a very useful stamp and die Kath, suitable for so many occassions, thank you so much for joining in with our Easter theme and Allsorts challenge.

B x

Linby said...

This is so beautiful - lovely CAS design. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.
Lynn x
DT

Darnell said...

This is a monochrome masterpiece, Kath! I am very partial to anything with ferns and I love how balanced and CASlicious your design is. Great use of snippets and thank you for sharing at NBUS! Take care, stay safe, and Happy Easter!! Hugs, Darnell

Di said...

Gorgeous card Kath - it just oozes elegance and style. Perfect!

Hugs

Di xx

Chris said...

Clean, simple and very elegant- perfect placement of die cuts and stamps- a fabulous card Kath. I have these stamps and dies too - still in the NBUS category here!
xx