Wednesday 1 April 2020

Beautiful Balloons

My first card today is one I made for my father-in-law's birthday.

I attached a piece of dark blue sky paper to the top of the card blank leaving a border around the edge.  I die cut 'Happy Birthday' from white hammer card and attached it across the bottom of the card, lining it up with the edge of the blue paper.  I die cut two balloons - one from mustard card and one from bronze metallic card.  I attached the mustard balloon directly onto the card and attached the bronze balloon over it using foam tape.  I die cut 'Happy Birthday' from mustard card and inlaid the letters in the the card.


To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white hammer card blank
     Memory Box 'Grand Happy Birthday' and Memory Bob 'Beautiful Balloons' dies
     Snippets of dark blue sky paper, mustard card, bronze metallic card and white hammer card

I am entering the following challenge:
     Allsorts - Men and Boys

Kath x

9 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic male themed card Kath, I love the night sky in the background.

Sue xx

meg said...

wonderful card Kath, love the colours

brenda said...

Hi Kath, it's a really super masculine card, thanks so much for joining us Allsorts 'Men and Boys' challenge this week.

B x

Linby said...

Wonderful design - looks great.
Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge.
Lynn x
DT

Jo said...

Fab card Kath, great design for a male x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fab male card

Pat said...

What a great card for your FIL Kath and I love the night sky paper and the two balloons and the border sentiment die brings it all together beautifully. x

Sue said...

Kath, Great card. Sue

Kathleen said...

Great use of the dark blue paper for the night sky Kath and great dies for the balloons and sentiment. Thank you for joining our 'Men or Boys' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x