Monday 7 January 2019

Rudolph and Recycling

Does anyone else look at Christmas cards as they arrive and decide what they want to make with them?  As soon as I received this card I knew I wanted to add Rudolph amongst the gold glitter trees - perfect for the Christmas Kickstart Challenge 'Rudolph and Friends'.  I'm also entering the Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge 'Reindeer, Fab 'n' Funky 'Recycle your Christmas Cards' challenge and Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge 'Upcycle or Use Something Old' (I've upcycled my Christmas card).


6" x 4" cream matt card blank
Upcycled Christmas card
Creative Dies 'Elegant Reindeer' die
Bronze and red mirri card
Small red gem

I cut the 'Winter Wishes' from the bottom of the Christmas card, trimmed the card to size and attached it to the front of the card blank.  The sentiment was layered onto bronze mirri and attached to the top of the card.  I die cut the reindeer twice from bronze mirri and layered the two dies together to give more depth before attaching it to the card front with dots of Tacky Glue.  I die cut the reindeer again from red mirri and inlaid the red swirl and attached the bow.  To finish I added a small red gem to Rudolph's nose.

Kath x

14 comments:

meg said...

love your base card, adding the reindeer was inspired he's perfect there in the trees

Pat said...

This is very pretty Kath and a great bit of upcycling just adding that beautiful reindeer and layering it makes it stand out really well. x

Sue said...

Hi Kath, I have my Christmas cards in a plastic container, waiting for me to go through them to see what I can use.

Your card is fab. Sue

Dr Sonia S V said...

That deer looks absolutely delightful!!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Great recycling

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely, Kath! How funny to see it here as I nearly kicked off the new challenge with a recycling theme. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Carol S. said...

I had this card too!! Love what you have done with it. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab’n’funky:)
Wendy (DT) xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous Christmas card Kath, your recycled card makes a super background.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Judith said...

Aw this is a great recycle - it looks very similar to the card I used - as you say just crying out for a rudolph (or stag in my case!), thank you for playing along at Fab'n'Funky challenges this week hugs judith x

Valerija said...

A beautiful card.
Valerija xx

Cathy said...

Great job on upcycling this sparkly card Kath, the reindeer looks right at home on it, Cathy x

Jules said...

Hi Kath

Great up-cycling!

We turn our old Christmas cards into gift tags. I gave Dave the job of cutting a load just before this Christmas and he seems to have caught the bug because one card dropped through our letterbox and he was inspecting it quite closely and then said "that's a good one .. .. I will get three tags out of that one next year! LOL!!

Hope you have had a good day.

Love Jules xx

sweet art designs said...

Wow, very lovely
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nut's Christmas Card Weekly Challenge - Myrna DT