Tuesday 1 January 2019

Merry Christmas Steve

I'm so pleased to have been invited to join the Design Team at Sparkles Christmas Challenge - thank you to Caz and the team!  For the first challenge this year our theme is 'Add Some Sparkle' and I'm sharing the card I made for my husband (using the die he bought me last Christmas!).

I'm entering the Dies R Us 'Anything Goes' challenge and the Merry Little Christmas Challenge 'Anything Christmas Goes'.  The card was made with snippets so I'm also heading into the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.


6" x 6" white matt card blank
Creative Expressions 'Festive Collection - Aurora Star' die
White matt card
Computer generated sentiment 'Copperplate Gothic Light' font
Snippets of dark blue pearlescent card, silver glitter sheet and thin white card

I attached a square of blue pearlescent card to the centre of the card front.  I printed the sentiment onto white card and trimmed the panel so it was slightly smaller than the blue matt before die cutting the star frame.  I placed this panel onto the card and marked the points of the star to give me a guide when I attached the snippet of silver glitter sheet onto the blue card.  I attached snippets of white card around the glitter sheet so there was an even layer across the card front.  I then attached the panel with the printed sentiment.  I die cut the star and frame from blue pearlescent card and used dots of Tacky Glue to inlay it into the card front.

Kath x

19 comments:

Darlene said...

Congrats on your new DT spot! This is simply beautiful! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything Goes using Dies from Companies carried at the DRU Store’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Stamps and Paper said...

Im sure your hsuband loved your beautiful card Kath

Anne

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card!! I love this die and the sparkly paper behind it is perfect!
I'm excited to have joined, too, and looking forward to creating together on SCC! :)

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Happy New Year, just getting back into blogging after a little Christmas break. Fab card and congrats

meg said...

Congratulations on your new DT spot, this is a beautiful card the star die looks so intricate and the blue and silver is a wonderful combination

Joan said...

A lovely card Kath. Great to have you on the team

Joan

Glennis F said...

Fabulous card, I love the CAS look!

Debbie said...

Such a gorgeous and sparkling card Kath. So lovely to have you on the DT. Happy new year. Hugs xx

Pat said...

Congratulations on joining the team over at Sparkles Christmas Challenge Kath and I love your beautiful silver glittery star which contrasts so prettily with the dark blue, and a lovely computer generated sentiment too. x

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful design,Kath. Love the glitter behind the star. Thanks for sharing with us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us often.

Kathy
DRU DT

LesleyG said...

A lovely clean and sparkly card, but quite a lot of work to achieve, bet he loved it though xxx

Jules said...

Hi Kath

Many congratulations on your new DT spot ... .. I bet they are well happy to have you on board!

Loving your Christmas card and I bet Steve did too!

I hope you had a really good Christmas away and wish you all the best for 2019.

Love Jules xx

Sue said...

DT.

Love the card.

Hope you have a nice day. Sue

Lynne said...

A gorgeous first DT card Kath. Great to have you with us and look forward to seeing your designs. Happy New Year x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card, back now to catch up..
Happy New Year and sending lots of health and happiness your way.xx

Diane said...

Gorgeous Star and you have showcased it beautifully!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R Us!
Diane DRU DT {Nellies Nest}

Crafty Little Miss K said...

Stunning card! Karen x

Di said...

Wow Kath, this is fabulous! Love the CAS look and yet the star is so intricate - perfect!

Happy New Year.

Hugs

Di xx

Di said...

Forgot to say well done on the DT spot as well!! xx