Thursday 24 January 2019

Happy Birthday

I made this card for the Less is More 'Sketch' challenge.  I'm also entering the Allsorts 'Make it Masculine' challenge, the Seize the Birthday 'Anything Goes' challenge and Crafty Creations 'Anything Goes' challenge.


7" x 5" white matt card blank
Lawn Fawn 'Scripty Happy' die
Ultimate Crafts L'aquarelle Designs sentiment stamp
Versafine Vintage Sepia ink
Brown matt card
Lili of the Valley 'Country Gent' paper
Wink of Stella

I cut a 2" wide strip of paper and following the sketch I cut this into two triangles before attaching them to the card blank. As the brown card was quite thin,  I die cut Happy twice and glued them together before laying them onto the card.  At his stage I didn't glue them to the card as I used my MISTI to line up the sentiment (the actual sentiment read 'It's your Birthday' but I cut it in half so I as I didn't have another birthday stamp of the right size!).  I removed the die cut, stamped the sentiment and then glued the die cut into place.  To finish I outlined the stamped sentiment with a Wink of Stella.

Kath x

11 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Kath, That's great.

Hope you have had a good day and you get a nice warm relaxing evening. Sue

Kathyk said...

Fabbylicious take on the LIM sketch this fortnight, loving your choice of paper

Kathyk

Carol S. said...

Great design and a perfect CAS card. Love it! Hugs, Carol S.xx

Kathleen said...

A really super CAS card, great paper for the image too. Thank you for joining our 'Make it Masculine' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

Pat said...

This paper is very pretty and love the contrast with the brown sentiment Kath. A super CAS card. x

brenda said...

A super creation for our 'Make it Masculine' theme at Allsorts challenge, many thanks for joining in.

B x

meg said...

love the paper you chose for this CAS card Kath, stands out beautifully against the card stock and the bold die cut and stamped sentiment

Linby said...

A great take on the challenge. Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts.
Lynn x
DT

cotnob said...

A super card Kath, a great take on the sketch - I love your sentiment.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Chrissy said...

I love your masculine CAS card Kath...fabulous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Anna-Karin said...

Great masculine card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT