Friday 1 March 2024

Steve's Anniversary Card

It's our wedding anniversary next week and this is the card I made for Steve.  The lovely green paper has gold foiled swirls and hearts and was in a wallet of mixed craft papers I bought in a charity shop last year, unfortunately it doesn't show too well in the photograph.

To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white matt card blank
     Spellbinders Nestabilities 'Classic Hearts' and Crafter's Companion 'Gemini Expressions - Husband' dies
     Snippets of green and gold heart paper, gold mirri and white matt card

I trimmed the white card to a 5" x 5" square and die cut the heart from the centre before embossing the edge of the heart with my tan embossing mat.  I layered the panel onto a snippet of gold mirri and attached it to the front of the card.  I die cut the heart from the green and gold paper before embossing the edge and inlaying it into the aperture.  I die cut the husband background from a tiny snippet of gold mirri and husband from a snippet of the green paper - these were layered and attached to the bottom of the heart with a narrow strip of foam tape.

I am entering the following challenges:
     As You Like It Challenge - Feminine or Masculine (and why) - I normally prefer making feminine cards but I enjoy making cards for my OH - making masculine cards takes me out of my comfort zone!
     Krafty Chicks Challenge - Anything Goes
     Pearly Sparkles Challenge - Celebrate
     The Male Room - Valentine/Use a Heart

Kath x

8 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Love the beautiful heart and great CAS anniversary card.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles.
Carol DT x

meg said...

Beautiful heart and card Kath,hope you have a great Anniversary

Pat said...

Such a super green and gold paper for the heart Kath, and love the gold matted layer and the green with gold for the shadow on the die cut sentiment. You don't say how many years, but wishing you a very Happy Anniversary for next week. x

Liz said...

This is really beautiful Kath, a lovely CAS design. Wishing you both a Happy Anniversary for next week.
Liz xx

cass said...

Great card, love the green and gold, thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for our Celebrate challenge

Sarah said...

A great masculine card and well done for stepping out of your comfort zone. I am challenging myself to do the same!! Thank you for sharing at AYLI. Sarah

ClaireB said...

Great celebratory anniversary card for a man, clean, simple and elegant. Thanks for joining us at the Pearly Sparkles Challenge this month Claire DT

cass said...

Lovely Anniversary card for your hubby, thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for our Celebrate challenge