Saturday 2 March 2024

Hello

I made this card to send to Jo for the February Card Chain Challenge.  I used the Colour Option (Lemon, Lime and Sky Blue), the Theme Option (Flowers and Friendship) and the Technique Option (Stencil).

I've used my new Sizzix stamp and die set I bought with gift voucher I won in the Snippets Playground in January.  There are lots of options with this set and I can see it becoming a favourite this year.

To make this card I used:
     5" x 5" white matt card blank
     Sizzix Framelits 'Floral Hello' stamp and die set
     Funky Fossil 'Woodgrain Background' stencil
     Versafine Vintage Sepia and Brilliance Pearlescent Sky Blue inks
     Cosmic Shimmer Clear Detail embossing powder
     Yellow and green Promarkers
     Wink of Stella
     Snippets of white matt card, green and blue textured card

I die cut the 'hello' square from green textured card and the lower section from blue textured card and set them aside.  I used blue ink and the woodgrain stencil on a snippet of white card before trimming it so it was slightly smaller than the green 'hello' square.  I layered the green square onto the stencil background and attached it to the centre of the card blank.  I trimmed around the blue 'hello' and attached it over the green panel, offsetting it slightly.  I used brown ink to stamp the flowers onto a snippet of white matt card embossed them with clear embossing powder.  The flowers were cut with the coordinating dies before being coloured with yellow and green Promarkers.  To finish I attached the flowers to the 'hello' frame and highlighted them with a Wink of Stella.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Allsorts - Spring (the colours remind me of Spring)
     CAS on Friday - Hello
     Krafty Chicks Challenge - Anything Goes
     Love to Craft - Anything Goes
     Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
     NBUS - Challenge 60 (I have used my new Sizzix stamp and die set)
     

This is the lovely card Linda sent to me:

Kath x

18 comments:

meg said...

Love the beautiful fresh colours a lovely reminder of Spring and Summer

Liz said...

Beautiful card Kath, such a clean and fresh design.
Liz xx

Pat said...

I love this wonderful CAS card Kath, and the woodgrain stencilled background is the perfect backdrop to the flowery frame and 'hello' sentiment within using those three pretty colours, and a lovely card you received from Linda. x

Julia Aston said...

Such a pretty card Kath! The blue stenciling is a great filler for your square frame with your lovely yellow blooms! Julia xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and congrats on winning the stamps and die set, love the card from Linda too.
Carol x

LesleyG said...

Lovely card Kath using your snippets prize, and Linda’s is sweet too xxx

Sarn said...

A lovely card swap. Both cards are gorgeous xxx

Imke said...

Great take with the colors, Kath !

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Ellibelle said...

A wonderful card Kath, I love the CAS design! And you received such a pretty one too!
Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Dotty Jo said...

So grateful to be the recipient of this sweet card, Kath! Jo x

Darnell said...

Congrats on your gift voucher win, Kath, and good job shopping! I love the way you used the colors and the wonderful textured paper. I also love how you gave your hello a shadow! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Arlene said...

Wonderful design and it sends a wonderful big hellow.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Many thanks for sharing this pretty CAS card design in our challenge at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Mrs A. said...

what a pretty colour combination on your card and a lovely card received in return. Hugs Mrs A.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous take on the colors, Kath - love the stenciled woodgrain in the window with the flowers at the opposite corners!! Glad you liked my balloon card!

Jeanne H said...

Love your card. Please contact me asap for March CCC.

Ellen said...

Love the colours and the lay-out! Great card. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Friday!

Kathyk said...

Delightful make

Kathyk