Monday 18 March 2024

Butterfly Birthday

I made this card using lots of snippets and the colours from the Butterfly Challenge.

To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white matt card blank
     My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics', My Favorite Things 'Fishtail Flags' , Lawn Fawn 'Happy Birthday Border' and Creative Expressions ''Finishing Touches - Dainty Butterflies' dies
     Crafts-Too 'Dandilion Time' embossing folder
     Snippets of dark green, dusky pink, daffodil and damson textured card and white matt card  (one piece of white card isn't shown in the photo as it was a last minute decision to emboss the background)


I embossed a piece of white matt card with the 'Dandilion Time' embossing folder, trimmed around the edge and attached it to the front of the card blank.  I die cut the three circles from the dark green, dusty pink and daffodil textured card using the stitched die.  These were layered and then cut in half.  I die cut the fishtail flag from a snippet of white card - cutting the first half and then moving the die to the other end of the flag so I could get a 'V' in both ends.  I die cut the sentiment from dark green textured card and attached it across the centre of the flag.  I placed the half circles onto the upper part of the card front - leaving a small gap between the two pieces so the sentiment banner wouldn't cover too much of the inner circle.  To ensure the banner lay flat across the card I trimmed another snippet of white card and inserted it in to the gap between the circles before attaching the banner across the centre.  To finish I die cut two small butterflies from the damson card and attached them above and below the sentiment banner.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Ally's Angels - Anything Goes
     Butterfly Challenge - D for Decoupage/Die Cuts (I have chosen the first option and have used four colours from the colour wheel together with die cuts and my butterflies)
     Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
     Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes
     Snippets Playground - Challenge 4
76

Kath x

7 comments:

meg said...

Fabulous colours and layout Kath

Di said...

Wow Kath! What a super card - I love that technique with the half circles - great for using up snippets of course!

Hugs
Di xx

Pat said...

This is a very bright and pretty card Kath, and love the look of the circles cut in half and shifted sideways with the fishtail sentiment across the middle, with the two sweet little die cut butterflies, and the Dandilion Time EF makes a beautiful background. x

Sarn said...

A gorgeous embossed and die cut card. LOVE that EF (which I also own and should use more often!).

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for some Guinness later! xxx

Cathy said...

Love the offset semi circles, such a clever design and makes for a gorgeous card. The embossing was a lovely finishing touch too (think I might have that folder too!) Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Aquarius said...

I like that technique using cut circles and it's great for using up snippets

Mrs A. said...

This die cut effect always has such a wow factor and I just love the colour combination here. Thankyou for coming and playing in the Butterfly garden with me. hugs Mrs A.