Saturday 2 September 2023

August Card Chain Challenge

I made this card to send to Michaela for the August Card Chain Challenge.  I used the Colour Option (Sage, Greenbean & Kumquat), the Sketch Option, the Theme Option (CAS & Friendship) and the Product/Technique Option (Stencil)

To make this card I used:
     5" x 5" white matt card blank
     Lil'inker 'Modern Mehndi' stamps and coordinating dies
     Crafter's Companion 'Sweet Florals' stamps
     Funky Fossil 'Stacked Lines' stencil
     Versafine Olympia Green & Vintage Sepia ink
     Cosmic Shimmer Clear Detail embossing powder
     Green Promarker
     Snippets of light orange and pale green textured card

I placed the stencil on the card blank and laid the sentiment on top so I could see where I wanted the line across the card.  I added strips of washi tape across the stencil leaving a narrow gap in the centre.  I removed the stamp and used green ink with the stencil to make the row of small lines across the card.  I removed the stencil and washi tape before placing the card into my MISTI.  I stamped the sentiment in brown ink in the lower corner of the card and then embossing it with clear embossing powder.  I stamped the large flower onto a snippet of light orange textured card and the leaves onto snippets of  light green card.  These were stamped with brown ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I highlighted the centre of the flower with a dark green Promarker before cutting the flower and leaves with the coordinating dies and attaching them to the lower edge of the card.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Allsorts - Anything Goes
     Less is More - Anything Goes
     Love to Craft - Anything Goes
     Love to Scrap - Anything Goes

This is the lovely card I received from Linda:

Kath x

14 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful colour combo and card Kath

Liz said...

Gorgeous CAS card Kath, lovely design and a beautiful sentiment. Lovely card from Linda too. xx

Julia Aston said...

Love the hammered paper Kath (I recently purchased some and use it a lot)csuch a great way to add a little texture. And such a lovely bloom in the colors for this month! Julia xx

Pat said...

What a beautiful flower in pretty strong colours Kath, and love the stencilled line border and sentiment. A very pretty card you received from Linda too.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great take on the colors and sketch, Kath - love the texture of the cardbase and that fun flower! Glad you liked my card too!

Dena J said...

Beautiful CAS card! Love the pop of your bloom on that subtle texture background. Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge.

Arlene said...

What a beauty! I love the texture too.

Angelnorth said...

A very stylish take on the sketch Kath, love that stylised flower!

HilaryJane said...

Love that flower a beautiful CAS design xx

Kathyk said...

A smashing make

Kathyk

Sarah said...

I do love the simplicity of this card. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah DT

Linby said...

A pretty and well designed CAS card. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

Tammy said...

so pretty! Love that cool flower!! Thanks for sharing at LIM!

Sarn said...

Lovely card swap. Both cards are really lovely xxx