Tuesday 26 September 2023

September Rudolph Day

It's time for the eighth Rudolph Day of the year and another cross stitch Christmas card (cross stitch is my RD theme this year).  This is the final design from the Vervaco cross stitch kit I purchased earlier in the year (Rudolph and Hearts were the other designs in this kit - Rudolph was my favourite to stich!).


To make this card I used:
     6" x 4" white hammer card blank
     Vervaco Christmas card kit (PN-0154080)
     My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-namics' die
     Snippet of white hammer card

I made my own card aperture card blank for this card as the ones in the kit were too flimsy.  As I didn't have the right size die to cut the aperture, I used a rectangle die that was the correct width but a little too short.  I cut three quarters of the aperture, then moved the die down the card to elongate the aperture and cut the remainder.  I trimmed around the edge of the panel so it was slightly smaller than the card blank.  After completing the stitching I fastened it behind the frame and then attached it to the card.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Ally's Angels - Anything Goes
     Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes
     Love to Craft - Anything Goes

     Merry Little Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes
     Rudolph Day - September Challenge

Kath x

7 comments:

meg said...

Gorgeous card Kath,the colours are so vibrant

Viv said...

Beautiful Kath

Liz said...

A fabulous cross stitched Christmas card, Kath. xx

Pat said...

The trees are so pretty on this cross stitch piece Kath, and I love the colours and the fawn coloured aida suits it really well..a great trio of pieces you have made from this kit. x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kath,
Happy Rudolf Days.
Your theme this year has been wonderful and all the lovely cross stitch designs are gorgeous.
I love your wonderful card this month you are a wiz at cross stitch.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

scrappymo! said...

Stunning card, Kath. Your dedication to the intricate work of your cross stitch pannels is amazing. Well done you!

Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Sue - said...

Love this card, the cross stitch image is beautiful.