Thursday 26 September 2024

Yet More Big Birthday Wishes

As regular followers will know, this is my favourite die for male cards - I made this card for one of my neighbours who will be celebrating his 90th birthday next month.

To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" kraft card blank
     My Favorite Things 'Big Birthday Wishes', Memory Box 'Classic Numbers' and Xcut 'Nesting Stars' dies
     Snippets of kraft card, blue textured card and red sparkle card

I trimmed the snippet of kraft card so it was slightly wider than the die and cut the large sentiment from the centre before attaching the panel to the front of the card blank.  I die cut 'BIG' from a snippet of blue textured card and inlaid the letters into the panel.  The rest of the sentiment was die cut from red sparkle card and inlaid into the panel.  I trimmed two narrow strips of red sparkle card and attached them down each side of the sentiment panel using narrow tape and then trimmed the ends.  I die cut two small stars from red sparkle card and attached them towards the top of the card using small foam pads.  I die cut a slightly larger star from blue textured card and '90' from red sparkle card.  The numerals were attached to the blue star which was then attached to the card with a foam pad.  

I am entering the following challenges:
     Alphabet Challenge - M for Masculine
     As You Like It Challenge - Favourite Die (I've posted several cards made with this die - which is my favourite for male and teenager cards which I always fine difficult!)
     Krafty Chicks Challenge - All Occasions
     Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes
     Snippets Playground - Challenge 489

Kath x

2 comments:

Pat said...

Perfect in red and blue on the kraft card Kath, and with some super stars including the one with the '90' on it..a great masculine birthday card. x

crafty-stamper said...

Great masculine card for a 90th birthday.
Carol x