Friday 27 September 2024

Birdsong Anniversary

I made this wedding anniversary card using an old Woodware stamp - one of the first stamp sets I bought when I started cardmaking many years ago.

To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white matt card blank
     Woodware 'Birdsong' and Clearly Besotted 'Modern Calligraphy' stamps
     Momento Tuxedo Black and Versafine Satin Red & Crimson Red ink
     Red & brown Promarkers
     Snippet of dark red pearlescent card and white matt card
     Wink of Stella

I trimmed the white matt card to 5" x 5" and placed it into my MISTI.  I stamped the birdcage on the top left corner using black ink and then stamped 'congrats' in the lower corner with Satin Red ink.  As the sentiment looked too bright, I stamped it lightly with Crimson Red ink.  The panel was then layered onto a red pearlescent card and attached to the front of the card blank.   I stamped onto another snippet of white card using black ink and fussy cut them before colouring them with brown and red Promarkers.  The hearts on the birdcage were also coloured with a red Promarkers.  I added Wink of Stella to the hearts and sentiment and then attached the birds to the front of the card with small foam pads.  

I am entering the following challenges:
     Allsorts - Anything Goes
     Ally's Angels - Anything Goes

     Krafty Chicks Challenge - All Occasions
     Stamping Sensations - Anything Goes
     We Love Stamping - Anything Goes

Kath x

3 comments:

brenda said...

Perfect for an anniversary or wedding Kath, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts, Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

Liz said...

Beautiful anniversary card, Kath. The stamped image is so pretty, I'm not surprised that you still have it. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
Liz xx

Pat said...

This is a very pretty anniversary card Kath and love the ornate bird cage with the red hearts in the corners, and then the sweet little fussy cut birds with red hearts on their chests, and love the coordinating red sentiment and matted layer to finish. x