Thursday 8 February 2024

Sparkle and Shine at Christmas Time

I made this card using one of my 'old favourites' - a Woodware stamp my OH bought for my birthday in 2014!  The card uses the colours from the CAS Colours & Sketches challenge.

To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white hammer card blank
     Woodware 'Bubble Bloom - Festive Tree' stamp
     Versafine Vintage Sepia ink
     Cosmic Shimmer Clear Detail embossing powder
     Promarkers
     Glossy Accents
     Snippet of white hammer card     

I trimmed a snippet of white hammer card so it was slightly smaller than the card blank and placed it into my MISTI.   I used brown ink to stamp the tree and sentiment before embossing them with clear embossing powder.  I used red, gold and turquoise Promarkers to colour the baubles on the tree before attaching the panel to the front of the card.  To finish I added Glossy Accents to the baubles to make them shine.

I am entering the following challenges:
     ABC Christmas Challenge - A for Anything Goes
     As You Like It - Digi or Physical Stamps (my favourite is physical stamps - partly because my printer isn't very good at printing digis but mainly because I love to use my MISTI and inks to stamp and emboss images, like on this card)
     CAS Colours & Sketches - Colour Challenge (Poppy Parade, Crushed Curry & Tahitian Tide)
     Christmas Kickstart Challenge - Out on a Limb
     Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes
     Krafty Chicks - Christmas
     Merry Little Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes

 
Kath x

17 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Looks great in these colours, Kath! Your card will fit in well over at Christmas kickstart too, Jo x

meg said...

Love your choice of colours Kath

crafty-stamper said...

Love your colourful tree and remember when these stamps were all the go with card candy on the larger circles.
Carol x

Pat said...

The bubble tree makes a great Christmas tree Kath and love the colours you used, really bright and pretty. x

Liz said...

Fabulous card Kath, what a great stamp.
Liz xx

Elaine Stark said...

I love this stamp. You have used lovely colours. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a fabulous colourful Christmas tree Kath! Thanks for sharing with us over at CAS Colours & Sketches this week!

Darnell said...

You are on a creative roll, Kath! I came in for your first NBUS card this month and enjoyed scrolling through all your beautiful makes for this month already! You are a productive inspiration to me and everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Mrs A. said...

Oh my goodness Kath, I have that stamp. didn't realise it was that old though!! time flying out of control again. love how you did the baubles with the glossy accents over the top. Hugs Mrs A.

Sarn said...

So pretty! A lovely colourful but CAS Christmas card. One more for ready for the end of the year! xxx

Jules said...

Hi Kath

A really beautiful Christmas make .. .. I love your colour choices very much!

Hope you have had a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous tree on the textured card, Kath!!

Mrs A. said...

I am sure blogger is eating my comments. Felt sure I had left one here. It's a fab idea to cover the coloured baubles with glossy accents. I have several of these baubles stamps by Woodware. I have the lovely Butterfly one. Hugs Mrs a.

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Such a great Christmas card! Love the clean and simple approach with a little gloss! So happy you played along with the Christmas challenge with the Krafty Chicks this week.
Diane - DT KCC

Helen said...

Fabulous card - love those bright baubles!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Michal said...

What a beautiful holiday card Kath, I love the tree in our challenge colors! So festive! The subtle texture of the background looks great too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CC&S!

Laura said...

Such a beautiful card. I do love the shine of the glossy accents on the baubles.
Thanks for playing at CAS Colours and Sketches!