Monday 5 February 2024

Happy Birthday Butterfly

I made this card using the current AAA Cards sketch and the Seize the Birthday colour challenge.  I used more of my new 'toys' I bought with my recent prize from the Snippets Playground.  This card uses the largest butterfly in the Dainty Butterflies set (I used the smaller ones in my Butterfly Birthday card) as well as my Stacked Happy Birthday die (I bought the Season's Greetings stamp before Christmas and used it so many times that I thought the Happy Birthday stamp would be equally useful).

To make this card I used:
     5" x 5" kraft card blank
     Creative Expressions 'Clean and Simple - Zig Zag Border', 'Finishing Touches - Dainty Butterflies' and 'Mini Expressions - Stacked Happy Birthday' dies
     Snippets of kraft card and turquoise matt card

I used a snippet of kraft card to cut the zig zag border before attaching it to a 5" x 5" square of kraft card.  This was layered onto a slightly larger square of turquoise card before being attached to the front of the card blank.  I used snippets of turquoise card to cut the butterfly and sentiment and then attached to them to the card front.

I am entering the following challenges:
     AAA Cards - Sketch 258
     Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
     NBUS - Challenge 59 (my butterfly and sentiment dies)
     Seize the Birthday - Kraft and Another Colour (I chose dark turquoise)

Kath x

9 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Love the colour combination,litle butterfly and the zigzag border.
Carol x

Cardsbymaaike said...

I love the subtle zig zag bar on the left, didn't see it on the thumbnail and so I was curious how it would fit our sketch and it turns out it's genius. Thank you for playing at the AAA Card Challenges

Liz said...

Beautiful card Kath, I love the kraft and turquoise combination.
Liz xx

kareN stampZ said...

Fab card with the understated hint of interest from the zig zag border and your pops of blue. Thanks for playing and sharing with us at AAA Cards.
KarenR (DT AAA Cards)

Pat said...

I love the kraft and turquoise card combination Kath and the zig zag border makes a marvellous embellishment on the background, and the pretty added die cut butterfly and sentiment, as well as the matted layer all in turquoise look really pretty. x

Cathy said...

Wonderful card, love the aqua with kraft and that zig zag border is fab with the gorgeous butterfly! Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Sarn said...

Fab CAS Kraft card with the blue. Love the clean look of this snippets card. xxx

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, great way to play those challenges, Kath, Jo x

Francesca said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!