Friday 25 March 2022

March Rudolph Day

It's time for another Rudolph Day card and another card using a magazine cover gift, which is my theme this year.  This Creative Dies die was a cover gift with a Practical Publishing magazine several years ago (I first started using it in 2018) although I can't recall the title of the magazine.  

I die cut the woodland scene from white matt card and placed the image in my MISTI so I could line up and stamp the sentiment along the lower edge.  The panel was then layered onto a snippet of blue paper.  I die cut and embossed a square in dark blue card and layered the scene onto it before attaching it to the card blank.

To make this card I used:
     5" x 5" white matt card blank
     Practical Publishing - Creative Dies 'Woodland Scene'  and Spellbinders Nestabilities 'Classic Squares Large' dies
     Woodware 'Delightful Dangles - Christmas Tree' sentiment stamp
     Versafine Majestic Blue ink
     Snippets of dark blue card, white matt card and blue paper

I am entering the following challenges:
     Daisy Chain Challenges - Use Dies
     Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes
     Rudolph Day - March Challenge
     Snippets Playground - Challenge 424

Kath x

13 comments:

Tina Z. said...

Such a beautiful design.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card Kath. Thanks for joining in the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

Sue xx

meg said...

A beautiful peaceful woodland scene Kath

Jenny L said...

Hi Kath,
Happy Rudolf Days.
Oh this is such a wonderful card and I love that scene you have created with that die.
The dark blue matt really sets it all off perfectly.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Sarn said...

A lovely Rudolph Day card in fresh clean blue and white. Love this Kath.

Thanks for submitting your homework to the Snippets Playground. Come up to the treehouse for a nice hot chocolate with extra marshmallows! xxx

Pat said...

This is a very pretty scene using this really lovely freebie die Kath and I love the tones of blue for the background and matted layer..a beautiful Christmas card. x

Sue said...

Another nice Christmas card. Sue

LesleyG said...

Just love your clean and elegant card Kath, happy Rudolph day xxx

mamapez5 said...

Very elegant. I like the simple designs more than too elaborate ones, and they are better for posting too. Kate x

Di said...

A beautiful card Kath. Like you, I also have this die - it's a keeper I think. LOVE the beautiful blue background as well as allowing the die to take centre stage - perfect!

Hugs

Di xx

foleysfriend said...

Beautiful Christmas scene you've created. I love that deer - its antlers are special. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Christmas Challenge.

sue n.

scrappymo! said...

You have created a beautiful scene and a lovely card!

Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Liz said...

What a gorgeous die, a beautiful card. xx