Saturday 19 March 2022

18th Big Birthday Wishes

I love this MFT die as it's perfect for quick cards and a great way to use snippets too - this card is for Steve's nephew's 18th birthday.

I die cut the sentiment from a kraft card, trimmed it so there was a border down each side and attached it to the front of the card.  I cut strips of cream hammer card and attached those on both sides of the panel.  I glued a snippet of marbled paper to a snippet of thin card so it was the same thickness as the kraft panel and die cut 'BIG' from the paper before inlaying it into the card.  The rest of the sentiment was die cut from more snippets of cream hammer card and inlaid into the panel.  I die cut three stars (one medium and two small) from the marbled paper and '18' from kraft card.  The numbers were attached to the larger star before the stars were attached to the card with foam pads.


To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" kraft card blank
     My Favorite Things 'Big Birthday Wishes', Memory Box 'Classic Numbers' and Xcut 'Nesting Star' dies
     Snippets of kraft card, cream hammer card, thin white card and blue and cream marbled paper

I am entering the following challenges:
     Love to Craft - Anything Goes
     Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
     Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes 

Kath x

9 comments:

meg said...

Love the size of your die cut sentiment, it makes a wonderful focal point especially in the colours you used

Mrs A. said...

I like this card and The inlaid words. It is my son's birthday shortly and have been at a loss as what card to make this year. You might just have saved my bacon! Hugs Mrs A.

Sue said...

Kath, Nice card. Sue

Stamps and Paper said...

Love how you’ve used your alphabet dies on your card Kath…such a great idea and perfect for making make cards


Anne

Pat said...

That's a great 18th birthday card Kath and I love the blue marbled paper and the added stars, and the number sits perfectly on the larger one. x

Sarn said...

A fab use of your snippets to make this bold statement on the birthday card. xxx

Nancy said...

I love the look of marbelizing and this card is just perfect! Love the bold greeting and the matching stars! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Cathy said...

Love how you've used the big sentiment die here! (In fact I've ordered it lol!) The marbled inlay looks so effective, thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Fantastic CAS manly card! Great die0cut design. Thanks for joining us at LTSCB
Tina dt