Thursday 17 December 2020

To a Very Special Husband

My final Christmas card this year is, as always, my card for Steve.  I recently made a card as a special order for one of my customers and decided that I would make a similar one for Steve.

I die cut the 'Woodland Scene' from white card and attached it to the blue paper before trimming around the edge.  I die cut and embossed the largest stitched square from dark blue pearlescent card and the largest classic square from silver mirri card.  I layered the scene onto the silver square and the blue square.  I put the card blank into my MISTI and placed the topper in the centre so I could see where to position the sentiment stamp.  I stamped the sentiment in dark blue ink and then highlighted 'husband' with a Wink of Stella.  The Woodland topper was then attached to the centre of the card.  To finish I die cut a star from silver mirri and attached it above the deer.

To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white matt card blank
     Creative Dies 'Woodland Scene', Lawn Fawn ' Outside In Stiched Square Stackables' and Spellbinders Nestabilities 'Classic Squares Large' dies
     Clearly Besotted 'Happy Birthday All' stamps
     Versafine Majestic Blue ink
     Snippets of dark blue pearlescent and white matt card, silver mirri card and blue paper
     Wink of Stella

I am entering the following challenges:
     ABC Christmas Challenge - Y for Your Favourite Things (for me this is die cutting)
     Allsorts - Christmas
     52 Christmas Card Throwdown- Pick a Previous 2020 Challenge (I chose the April 2020 Theme - Forest and Deer)
     Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes

Kath x

12 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful woodland scene Kath,love the colours you chose for your layers

Liz said...

Absolutely stunning, Kath. Beautiful colours and I love the design. xx

Carol S. said...

I also love blue and white Christmas cards Kath. Your design is gorgeous. Stay safe and well. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

Sue said...

Hi Kath, A lovely card for Steve. Sue

Mummylade said...

So elegant, really wonderful. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kath, such a lovely die cut scene.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Pat said...

This woodland scene against that wonderful blue background looks great Kath, and perfect for your husband, and love the silver and blue to frame it, and a lovely silver star too. x

Mrs A. said...

That is a classic beauty Kath. I havn't made The Docs card yet. I have two new stamps that have arrived and I can't decide which one to use to make it with. Hugs Mrs A.

AndrejaM said...

Your card is so beautifull, so peaceful! Thanks for playing at 52cct

Suze said...

Beautiful card Kath. I really like the die that you have used on this card - and that paper is the perfect shade of blue. Thank you for entering the Use The Word Merry Challenge at CHNC.

Valerija said...

Wonderful card. Love the dies you have used.
Valerija xx

Sarn said...

GORGEOUS!

Happy Christmas to you xxx