Monday 14 December 2020

Merry Christmas Nan

This was a commissioned card I made for one of my regular customers using one of my favourite embossing folder and dies.

I embossed a piece of white card with the baubles embossing folder and trimmed around the edge so it was slightly smaller than the card blank before attaching it to the card.  The embossing folder also die cut the bauble shape.  I attached a snippet of the green paper to a piece of white card and die cut the bauble shape before inlaying it into the front of the card.  I used the separate bauble die to cut a purple layer and attached it to the card.  I then used purple ink to stamp the bow onto a snippet of orange textured card and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I fussy cut the bow and attached it to the top of the bauble.  I printed the sentiment onto green paper (the same paper I had used for the bauble), attached it to a snippet of white card before cutting it with a fishtail flag and attaching it to the top of the card.

To make this card I used:
     6" x 4" white matt card blank
     Practical Publishing 'Opulent Baubles' embossing folder and stamps
     Versafine Imperial Purple ink
     Stampendous clear embossing powder
     Snippets of green paper, white matt card, orange and purple textured card

I am entering the following challenges:
     Allsorts - Got to be Christmas
     Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Use the word 'Merry'
     Let's Squash It - Use any embossing folder and dies/fussy cutting (I've used an emboss and cut folder, as well as a die and fussy cutting)
     Winter Wonderland - Anything Christmas Goes

Kath x

14 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful card! I love that pretty embossing folder!

Dotty Jo said...

Ooooooo, what a lovely embossing folder! That's going onto my wish list and no mistake. Really like your card, Kath. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Carol S. said...

Love the texture you have got from a gorgeous embossing folder. A beautiful card Kath Big hugs, Carol S.xxx

meg said...

A stunning make Kath,the inlaid bauble is beautiful

brenda said...

A delightfully elegant Christmas card, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Pat said...

A very pretty purple and green bauble over the embossed white background Kath. A very elegant card. x

Darnell said...

Hi Kath, I have been so bad about visiting, but I never get notice of your posts and wish I could subscribe by email. I have sure enjoyed my long overdue catch-up! Love all the cross-stitching you've been doing and I love the CCC card you made and the one you got from Suzanne. (I have that fun flying pig!) And this embossed creation is dramatic and sensational! Love it! Thank you so much for the beautiful wreath Christmas card you sent me! I love all the schparkle! I hope you two can enjoy the holidays and continue to keep safe! Happy Holiday Hugs! Darnell

Sue said...

Hi Kath, That is a nice card. Sue

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kath, very elegant.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mervi said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful card over at Allsorts Christmas theme;-))m

Tracy said...

Thank you for joining Allsorts challenge with this entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Sarn said...

Simply lovely.
The embossing makes such a difference.
Hugs, Sarn x

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous cut and emboss folder. Your bauble is pretty. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the embossed background, Kath - perfect for that die cut bauble!! So delighted you sent this beauty to Let's Squash It!!