Thursday 14 March 2024

Penguin Love

I made this card for the Christmas Crafts All Year Round 'Arctic/Antarctic Animals' challenge.  At first I didn't think I had any suitable images, but then came across a cute Christmas card in my 'upcycling box' which has penguins on it.  Although they are flightless birds, some of the design team have used penguins so I guess they will fit the challenge.

To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white hammer card blank
     Upcycled Christmas card
     Lawn Fawn 'Outside In Stitched Square Stackables' die
     Snippets of white hammer card and white matt card

I cut a piece of white hammer card and white matt card so they were slightly smaller than the front of the card blank and die cut the stitched square from the middle of both pieces of card.  These were layered and attached to the front of the card blank.  The Christmas card was a large 3D card, but I took it to pieces and die cut a square of the backing card and inlaid it into the aperture.  I then die cut around the base of the penguins (they were already fussy cut around the top) and inlaid them into the base of the aperture.  

I am entering the following challenges:
     Christmas Crafts All Year Round - Arctic/Antarctic Animals
     Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes
     Krafty Chicks Challenge - Christmas
     Merry Little Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes

Kath x

9 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

How lovely! Jo x

meg said...

Absolutely adorable Kath

Liz said...

Beautiful Christmas card, Kath. I love the image, great upcycling.
Liz xx

Pat said...

I love the cute penguins and a great piece of upcycling Kath, and love the stitching on the image and the surrounding square aperture..a really pretty CAS card. x

Stamps and Paper said...

Adorable penguin card Kath…sorry I haven’t been able to leave comments lately as I had a clitch with my iPad which left me unable,to comment ..hopefully sorted now

Anne

Deanne Saunders said...

Oh my goodness!!! So cute!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR 'ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Het hobbyhoekje van Annie said...

Lovely Christmas card Kath.
Thanks for joining Merry Little Christmas Challenge.
Greetings Annie (DT)

Het hobbyhoekje van Annie said...

Beautiful Christmas card Kath.
Thanks for joining us at Christmas Crafts All Year Round.
Greetings Annie (DT)

Lynda said...

A very elegant card - that image certainly is lovely and showcased perfectly with the white hammered frame. Thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT