Thursday 1 February 2024

Butterfly Birthday

I made this card for the Butterfly Challenge using a lovely Creative Expression butterfly die set which was one of the items I purchased with the gift voucher I won in the Snippets Playground last month.

To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white matt card blank
     Lawn Fawn 'Giant Happy Birthday to You' and Creative Expressions 'Finishing Touches - Dainty Butterflies' dies
     Polkadoodles 'Fourini' paper (my last floral sheet from this lovely paper pad)
     Burgundy pearlescent card

I trimmed the floral paper to 5.25" x 5.25" and die cut the sentiment from the centre, setting the sentiment to one side.  The paper was layered onto burgundy pearlescent card and attached it to the centre of the card blank.  I die cut the sentiment twice from burgundy pearlescent card, the first sentiment was inlaid into the card, together with the small pieces of from the paper sentiment.  The paper sentiment was attached to the top of the second burgundy sentiment to give it some strength before being attached to the card, slightly offset to creative a shadow effect.  To finish I die cut two small butterflies from burgundy card and attached them above and below the sentiment.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Butterfly Challenge - B for Birthday (I have chosen the first option and have used the colours Baby Pink, Bud Green, Burgundy and Buttermilk plus Birthday Wishes & Butterflies)
     Make My Monday - Use your Patterned Paper
     NBUS - Challenge 59 (my new butterfly dies)
     Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes

Kath x

9 comments:

Pat said...

A really pretty dp Kath and complemented beautifully by the burgundy butterflies and matted layer..a terrific card. x

crafty-stamper said...

Love the beautiful card and p.paper.
Carol x

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, Kath. The patterned paper is so pretty and goes so well with your lovely burgundy butterflies.
Liz xx

Billie A said...

Wonderful birthday card. Great dies and colors. thanks for sharing over at Make my Monday

Colleen said...

Gorgeous pattern paper for your background and I really like how you inlaid the die cut sentiment and then offset the pattern paper word die. Lovely card! thank you for playing with us at Seize the Birthday!

Pamela said...

love the vintage feel paper that you used for this creation and i love how you pop up the sentiments so clever! TY for sharing you card with us at MMM

Mrs A. said...

Really pretty card Kath. I felt sure you were going to say that the paper was a Raspberry Road digital sas it is very similar to one of theirs I have. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs mrs A.

Sarn said...

Absolutely lovely paper and large sentiment. The butterflies are the perfect embellishment. Simply lovely! xxx

Sarn said...

Simply gorgeous card. Fab paper and lovely focal sentiment. The butterflies are the perfect embellishment xxx