Sunday 24 December 2023

Happy Birthday to You

I've made this birthday card with lots of snippets and as the card is to be posted overseas I've made a stencilled background rather than a layered one to reduce postage costs.

To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white matt card blank
     My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics', My Favorite Things 'Fishtail Flags' and Lawn Fawn 
     'Happy Birthday Border' dies
     Circles Stencil (this is unbranded but I think it was a cover gift with a magazine)
     Versamark ink
     Cosmic Shimmer Clear Detail embossing powder
     Snippets of dark blue, medium blue and pale blue textured card and white matt card 

I placed the stencil onto the front of the card blank, applied Versamark ink through the circles and then embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I die cut the three circles from the dark, medium and pale blue textured card using the stitched die.  These were layered and then cut in half.  I die cut the fishtail flag from a snippet of white card - cutting the first half and then moving the die to the other end of the flag so I could get a 'V' in both ends.  As the card was quite thin I glued it onto another piece of white card and trimmed around the edge.  I die cut the sentiment from dark blue textured card and attached it across the centre of the flag.  I placed the half circles onto the upper part of the card front - leaving a small gap between the two pieces so the sentiment banner wouldn't cover too much of the inner circle.  To ensure the banner lay flat across the card I trimmed another snippet of white card and inserted it in to the gap between the circles.  To finish I attached the banner across the centre.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Allsorts - Cold and Ice (I've used cold colours and the embossed dots look like ice)
     Ally's Angels - Anything Goes
     As You Like It - Anything Goes (I love die cutting, especially when I've been able to make a card entirely from my 'snippets mountain'!)
     Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With Dies - December Challenge
     Happy Little Stampers Birthday Challenge - Anything Goes
     Snippets Playground - Anything But Christmas

Kath x

11 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Very effective card Kath love the blue colours

Anne

brenda said...

Cool blue colours are perfect for our Allsorts theme Kath, many thanks for joining us.

Wishing you a Happy Christmas.

B x

Pat said...

Such a fun design with the staggered semi-circles in those pretty colours Kath, and love the clear embossed stencilled circles which make a wonderful complementary background, and the sentiment banner finishes it beautifully. In case this is your last post before Christmas I will wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, and I look forward to visiting you throughout 2024. x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fun design and lovely frosty colours. Thanks for sharing at Allsorts this time.
Lorraine

Di said...

Great card Kath, I love this technique! The cool blues are a great choice. And am loving the banner strip.

Merry Christmas!

Hugs
Di xx

meg said...

A brilliant layout in gorgeous blue tones

Sarn said...

Brilliant snippets card in shade of my favourite colour. Great layout.
Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. xxx

Ellibelle said...

A really fun birthday card, thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!

Debbie Mageed said...

What a fun birthday card! I think this is a great card for anyone! Thank you for playing with us at the HLS Die Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Linby said...

A great design and perfect for keeping those postal costs down. Thanks for taking part in the Allsorts challenge and throughout the last year. Happy New Year.

Sarah said...

A wonderful card, such a great design and perfect for posting with the costs as they are these days!! Thank you for sharing at AYLI. Sarah DT