Thursday 28 December 2023

Cross Stitch Rose

This Reflexions cross stitch kit was amongst the many items my neighbour gifted me earlier this year.  The kit was to make a ruby wedding anniversary framed picture, but I decided to omit the wording and stitch the rose to make a card for her birthday.


To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white hammer card blank
     Reflexlions 'Ruby Wedding' cross stitch kit
     My Favorite Things 'Inside & Out Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics' die
     Woodware corner rounder punch
     Snippet of white hammer card

I die cut a stitched circle from a piece of white hammer card and trimmed it so it was slightly smaller than the card blank before rounding the corners.  After completing the stitching I mounted the design behind the aperture and attached the panel to the front of the card.

Kath x

4 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Kath

Beautiful cross stitch work .. .. as always! A beautiful finished card and one I feel certain the recipient will frame! I definitely would!

Hope you had a good Christmas

Love Jules xx

meg said...

A wonderful card Kath,one to treasure,it's absolutely beautiful

Sue - said...

A beautiful card !

Viv said...

How beautiful this is Kath. Lovely. x