Sunday 5 February 2023

Cross Stitch Poppy

For various reasons, I've not had much time for paper crafting but I've found time in an evening to do some cross stitch and have made some cards.

I enjoy stitching floral designs and these Carolyn's Garden cross stitch kits from Serendipity Design are lovely to stitch.  This is one of my favourites as I love poppies.


To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white hammer card blank
     Lawn Fawn 'Outside In Stitched Square Stackables' die
     Carolyn's Garden 'Poppy' cross stitch kit
     Snippet of white hammer card

After completing the stitching I mounted it behind a stitched square aperture that had been die cut in the front of the card blank.  A piece of the same card was attached to the inside of the card to cover the back of the stitching.

Kath x

6 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Very lovely card Kath.

meg said...

Beautiful card as always Kath

Pat said...

This is a beautiful piece of cross stitching Kath and the hammer card gives it great texture. The pretty pansy kit on your last post which your neighbour kindly gifted you is really pretty too. You certainly have a great collection of small pieces which you have made cards with, and the beauty of the kit is the pattern can be used again and again. x

Sue said...

Lovely card.

Liz said...

Absolutely beautiful card, Kath. I love the design. xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous poppy card Kath

Anne