Thursday 9 February 2023

Cross Stitch 90 Birthday Card

I made this card for one of my neighbours to celebrate her 90th birthday.  She used to do a lot of cross stitch herself (and is the person who has recently gifted me several bags of cross stitch items) so I thought a cross stitch card would be appropriate.

To make this card I used:
     Needlepoise Occasion Card 'Pink General' cross stitch kit

This lovely card making kit included everything to make a greetings card, including a tri fold card and envelope.  The chart included several different greetings, but I chose to add a '90' and used a scrap of graph paper to chart the numbers and then see where to place them in the centre of the design.  I used the darkest green thread to stitch the numbers and then outlined them in the same colour.  After completing the stitching I mounted it behind the aperture of the card blank and then folded the flap to cover the back of the stitching.

I am entering the following challenge:
     Love to Craft - Anything Goes

Kath x

6 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful card to celebrate your neighbours 90th Birthday I'm sure she will love it

Pat said...

How gorgeous is this and so perfect for your neighbour's 90th birthday Kath, especially as she has done lots of cross stitch herself in the past and she will appreciate the intricacy and beauty of this piece. x

Sue said...

That is lovely.

Liz said...

A beautiful card Kath, which I’m sure will be treasured by your neighbour. xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card FIR A 90 th birthday Kath definitely a keepsake

Anne

LOU said...

Beautiful cross-stitch card Kath.
Thanks so much for joining us for our Love to Craft Challenge #72 for January/February 2023.
We hope to see you again soon,
Lou DT xo
JemLou Productions