Saturday 25 February 2023

February Rudolph Day

It's time for the second Rudolph Day of the year and another cross stitch Christmas card (cross stitch cards are my theme this year).  A neighbour has recently gifted me several bags of cross stitch items and this cute chart was in one of the bags. I stitched this design last week when we were away in our campervan on a 'family visit' and have just made it into a card.

To make this card I used:

     6" x 6" white hammer card blank
     Kraftie Kits 'Christmas Teddy' cross stitch chart
     Lawn Fawn 'Outside In Stitched Square Stackables' die
     White 14 count aida
     DMC threads
     Snippet of white hammer card

After stitching the design I mounted the fabric behind a stitched square aperture that had been die cut in the centre of the card blank.  I then added a piece of white card to cover the back of the stitching.

I am entering the following challenges:
     Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas Goes
     Rudolph Day - February Challenge

Kath x

9 comments:

Lynne said...

A very cute card Kath and so neat! Have just sent you an email x

Stamps and Paper said...

Cute little Christmas teddy cross stitch card Kath...

Anne

mamapez5 said...

Aw. That's cute. Well done on getting the stitching done and making good use of the pieces you were given. Kate x

meg said...

An adorable teddy bear Kath

Pat said...

What a sweet Christmas themed bear Kath and love the design. So kind of your neighbour to gift you these cross stitch goodies. x

Sue said...

Cute card.

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Kath. I love seeing all your cross stitch designs. xx

Whisper said...

Oooh absolutely gorgeous & I love this cute little bear & I'm loving the cross stitch too - I so need to try this, thanks for joining us at Rudolph Days Challenge this month, luv Sam x

scrappymo! said...

This counted cross stitch is so lovely. Great way to create a card!
Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.