Wednesday 30 October 2019

Season's Greetings

I love the simplicity of this card and whilst I had the dies and stamps on my desk I've made a few for my Christmas card box.  They're also a great way of using some more small snippets of paper and card.

To make the card I attached dark blue and pale blue snowflake paper to white card and die cut a medium and small triangle tree.  I placed the triangles onto the card front and using my MISTI I added the sentiment to the lower edge.  I removed the triangles and stamped the sentiment a couple of times to get a deep shade of blue to match the largest tree.  The dark blue tree was attached directly onto the card and the smaller one was attached with Pinflair glue to give some dimension.


To make this card I used:
     6" x 6" white matt card blank
     Sizzix 'Leafy Trees' dies
     Clearly Besotted 'Cheerful Christmas' stamps
     Versafine Majestic blue ink
     Snippets of dark blue and pale blue paper, white card

I am entering the following challenges:
     AAA Cards - Maximum White Space & Optional Twist Geometric
     Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With Dies - October Challenge
     Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge 364

Kath x

10 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Kath, You have been busy. All fab cards. Sue


meg said...

Gorgeous CAS card a very clever design

Liz said...

Lovely card. Such a simple design, Kath, but so effective. xx

Pat said...

Very effective with the two different blue coloured patterned triangular trees and a simple sentiment stamped in a coordinating blue. A pretty CAS card Kath. x

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing your fantastic project with us in the Happy Little Stampers October "Anything Goes With Dies" challenge and we hope to see you again next month!
Hugs,
Leslie, HLS Dies Team
Love To Scrap 2

Jane said...

I love it too! And it's certainly a great design for our Maxi White Space challenge. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

Di said...

What a delightful card Kath. Love that it's so CAS yet immediately says Christmas even if you haven't read the sentiment yet.

Hugs

Di
xx

cotnob said...

A super card Kath, a fabulous CAS design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Nancy said...

I love the simplicity of your card.... Thanks for playing along with us at AAACards!

ÅsaJ said...

Such a wonderful and elegant CAS card!!! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa