Wednesday 9 October 2019

Santa's On His Way

As part of my craft clearout I've emptied my box of upcycled cards to see which ones I will really use.  I've been a bit ruthless and those that I've decided I won't use have gone into the recycling bin, I've made cards from some and a few have gone back into the box.

To make this card I used a lovely Santa and soldier card.  I've kept the card quite simple as there's so much detail in the picture.  The soldiers and Santa are highlighted with gold so I trimmed a strip of gold glitter paper and attached it across the lower part of a red card blank.  I them trimmed the Santa card and then attached it across the centre of the glitter strip.


To make this card I used:
     7" x 5" red embossed tent fold card blank
     Upcycled Christmas card
     Gold adhesive glitter sheet

I am entering the following challenges:
     ABC Christmas Challenge - U for Upcycle
     Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge - Twinkle

If you would like to share your views on die cutting  and also have a chance to a Clearly Besotted stamp and die sets - please see my Questions about Die Cutting and Giveaway post.

Kath x

10 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

This looks really great Kath. It's a super image and I love how you have kept it simple which really does highlight the the image. Christine x

Valerija said...

This is stunning!
Valerija xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a fab image

meg said...

fabulous card Kath, love the recycled card and how you used it

Sue said...

Nice card Kath.

Mrs A. said...

Looks great. You have matched the red background perfectly. I must have a sort in my box as I am woefully behind with my Christmas card makes this year. Hugs Mrs A.

Pat said...

This is a wonderful piece of upcycling Kath and layering the image on to gold glitter card works beautifully. x

Lindsey said...

Purging my stash of "I may use this some day" cards would be a really good idea! :D I'm glad you kept this one, because it upcycled into a beautiful ew card! Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge!

Sue - said...

Great upcycling ! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.

Wei said...

Such a lovely card with a Santa and the sodiers. Thanks for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.