Wednesday 6 June 2018

Happy Birthday Steve

I made this card for my husband's birthday and am entering the Cuttlebug Mania 'Frame It' challenge, Crafty Cardmakers 'For a Man/Boy'challenge, Dies R Us 'Sunshine or Clouds' challenge (I've used both) challenges.


Card blank: 6" x 6" white silk
Stamps: Whale of a Time (magazine freebie)
Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities 'Standard Circles Large', Whale of a Time (magazine freebie)
Embossing: Stampendous clear embossing powder
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Colouring: Promarkers
Card: Red matt and white silk
Other: Computer generated sentiment 'Imprint IT Shadow' font

I stamped the scene onto white card and embossed it with clear embossing powder before colouring it with Promarkers.  I printed the sentiment onto white card and trimmed the card to a square before die cutting a circle above the sentiment.  This panel was then placed over the scene.  I trimmed the lower card so it was slightly smaller than the card with the sentiment before attaching the two and layering them onto red card.  The panel was then attached to the card front.  I die cut a circular frame from red card and attached it around the scene with a few small spots of glue.  I stamped and embossed a sailing boat onto white card and die cut it with the matching die from the set, before attaching it to the waves with Pinflair glue.

Kath x

13 comments:

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Fab birthday card for your husband, Kath
Hugs D xx

meg said...

Great scene Kath, marvellous stamp and colouring, hope hubby had a great day

Pat said...

This is a super card for your husband's birthday Kath and the lovely scene is beautifully coloured and framed too. x

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the sailboat scene!! It's so gorgeous!! Happy birthday to your hubby!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sue said...

Hi Kath, Lovely cvard. Reminds me of a stained glass window.

Hope you are having a nice day. Sue

Darlene said...

Oh WOW this is fabulous! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Sunshine or Clouds’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a fab card I love it

MaryH said...

It's a wonderful masculine theme, and I love the stained glass effect of the ship, sea and streaming sunshine. I'm sure your DH loved it just as much! TFS & Hugs

Valerija said...

So stunning, Kath! I love sea themed cards.
Valerija xx

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful masculine birthday card. Pretty design. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Hope to see your lovely cards back here again soon. Judy DT

Maikreations said...

Love the colour-block look on your card - it looks great! Thank you for playing along with us at the Crafty Cardmakers! Have a wonderful day and happy crafting! Hugs, Maike

Josephine said...

Fabulous - love the image! I spotted it a while ago and considered buying the magazine, and now I wish I had!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

Birgit said...

What a great masculine card! I'm so glad you linked up to the DRU "Sunshine / Clouds" challenge. Good luck to you!