Monday 4 June 2018

Wishing you Well

I made this card for my father-in-law who has recently been in hospital for an operation.  I'm entering the Bugaboo Weekly Challenge 'Anything Goes' and Crafty Cardmakers 'For a Man/Boy'.  The card is from my snippets drawer so I'm also heading into the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.


Card blank: 6" x 6" white silk
Stamp: Bugaboo 'Wishing you Well' digi
Colouring: Promarkers
Other: Wink of Stella
Snippets: Green spot and white silk card

I trimmed the spot card and rounded the corners before attaching it to the card blank.  I resized the digi and added the sentiment below.  This was printed onto white card before being coloured with Promarkers.  I trimmed the edges and rounded the corners before attaching it to the centre of the card.  To finish I added a Wink of Stella to the bug and heart.

Kath x

12 comments:

Carol S. said...

A very sweet card Kath and love the image. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Pat said...

Your FIL will have enjoyed getting this card with its fun 'get well' message with this very appropriate image, and so prettily coloured and love that paper in the background too. x

Lisa said...

This is so sweet!! I love the image of the wishing well!! It's so beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sue said...

Hi Kath, Love it.

Hope you have a nice day. Sue

meg said...

I hope your father -in -law is making a speedy recovery, this card will certainly cheer him up, great make

Di said...

Great card Kath - and am sure your FIL will think it's great. Clever combination of colours and the image and sentiment are so clever too.

Hugs

Di xx

Mrs A. said...

Spotty card looks just tight with this pretty image. Hugs Mrs A.

Valerija said...

Beautiful card Kath, gorgeous colours and design.
Valerija xx

Judy McKay said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Hope to see your lovely cards back here again soon. Judy DT

Maikreations said...

Such a great card for a man or a boy. I love the pun and the CAS style! Thank you for playing along with us at the Crafty Cardmakers! Have a wonderful day and happy crafting! Hugs, Maike

Josephine said...

A lovely card!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

Tammy Miller said...

Love hour card thanks so very much for joining our June Anything Goes challenge! Hope to see you again soon!