Thursday 14 June 2018

Cabrini Ornament

I made these snippets cards with one of my favourite Christmas ornament dies and as I wanted to use two colours it made sense to make two cards so I could use all the die cut pieces.  The card is all from my snippets drawer so I'm heading into the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.  I'm also entering the Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge 'Anything Christmas Goes', The Merry Christmas Challenge 'Anything Goes + Christmas' and  Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge.


Card blanks: 4" x 4" gold matt
Die: Memory Box 'Cabrini Ornament'
Embossing: Apple Blossom 'Holly' (magazine freebie), Sizzix 'Dots', Kars tan embossing mat
Snippets: Gold matt, white matt and red mirri card

I embossed two snippets of white card, trimmed around the edges of the frames before attaching them to the card blanks.  I die cut and embossed the ornament from both gold matt and red mirri card.  I attached the gold frame and holly leaves to one card and the red to the other.  The centres of the ornaments were embossed with the dots embossing folder before these and the holly berries were inlaid into the cards.

Kath x

9 comments:

Pat said...

Two beautiful baubles Kath and they both look great using the different colours, and the freebie embossing folder is so pretty too. x

cotnob said...

Lovely Christmas cards Kath, elegant ornaments - a great way to use up your snippets.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Lisa said...

They are both so gorgeous!! I love the embossing!! It really showcases the beautiful ornaments!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sue said...

Hi Kath, Lovely Bauble cards.

Hope you have a fab Friday. Sue

meg said...

love the inlaid baubles, beautiful cards

AlisonC said...

Beautiful and it makes perfect sense to make 2 .

Valerija said...

So beautiful!
Valerija xx

Elizabeth said...

Two great cards and clever if you to make good use of the two colours you wanted to use for the baubles. Elizabeth x

Di said...

Fabulous cards Kath - using one of my favourite dies as well. It's always great that you can get two (positive and negative) cards out of this die I think!

Hugs

Di xx