Friday 8 June 2018

Christmas Birds

I'm hosting the new challenge at Winter Wonderland and I've chosen 'Christmas Birds' as our theme.  We don't have a sponsor for this challenge, but I'm offering the randomly chosen winner a Tonic Studio 'Peace Dove' die.  I'm entering the Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge 'Anything Christmas Goes' and The Merry Christmas Challenge 'Anything Goes + Christmas'.


Card blank: 7" x 5" white matt
Image: Lili of the Valley 'Winter Wonderland' Art Pad
Stamp: Woodware 'Tipsy Tree'
Punch: Woodware Corner Rounder
Ink: Versafine Crimson Red
Paper: Dark green patterned
Other: Wink of Stella

I trimmed the green paper so it was slightly smaller than the front of the card, rounded the corners and attached it to the card.  I trimmed the pre-coloured Art Pad image to ensure an even margin around all the sides and rounded the corners.  I then stamped the sentiment in the top corner.  As I wanted to get a deep colour to match the red on the image I used my MISTI and stamped the sentiment several times.  The image was attached to the centre of the card and highlighted with a Wink of Stella.

Kath x

12 comments:

Valerija said...

Oh how gorgeous Kath, the image is so beautiful.
Valerija xx

meg said...

Love this Kath, has a wonderful traditional fee to it

Sue said...

Hi Kath, That's a lovely card.

Hope you have a fab Friday. Sue

Pat said...

This is a really lovely LOTV image Kath and goes beautifully with the background paper, and very generous of you to provide a prize over at the challenge. x

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! The image is gorgeous!! Fab Christmas card!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Carol S. said...

I have this stamp and one of my favourite LOTV stamps. A gorgeous card Kath. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Darnell said...

What a charming topper that is! You have matted it in such a pretty way, Kath, and the sediment and winking are perfect!! I hope you're doing well! I'm sorry I've been AWOL and I hope to do better now that I'm home for a while! Hugs, Darnell

Janis Lewis said...

So Cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Christmas Challenges.
Janis
Pause Dream Enjoy

Janis Lewis said...

So Cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Holly & Ivy.
Janis
Pause Dream Enjoy

Billie A said...

Your card is so pretty. Thanks for sharing over at The Merry Christmas challenge Billie A
The Merry Christmas Challenge
Catch The Bug
Inspiration Destination
Creative With Stamps
Aud Sentiments
Sunny Day Crafting
Pause Dream Enjoy
Craftaholic R US
Always Happy Birthday
Colour Crazy Challenge GD

Mrs A. said...

Absolutely lovely. You have taken the LOTV image and made it your own. Hugs Mrs A.

cotnob said...

A fabulous Christmas card Kath, such a pretty topper.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x