Saturday 12 March 2016

Holly Tree

I've used one of my favourite Christmas tree stamps to make this card for the Merry Monday 'Buttons' challenge and the ABC Christmas Challenge 'E is for Embossing'.


Card blank: 7" x 5" white silk
Stamp: Woodware 'Holly Tree'
Embossing: Crafts-Too 'Twinkle'
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Card: Red pearlescent, white silk
Paper: Hot off the Press' Cardmakers' Ultimate Pack - Floral', Wild Rose Studio 'Always and Forever'
Other: Diamond Stickles, Gold nailheads, Red heart button (upcycled from Christmas card), Wink of Stella

I embossed the white silk card and trimmed it to size.  This was then layered onto red pearlescent card and attached to the card front.  I glued green pattered paper from the Hot off the Press paper pack and red rose paper from the Wild Rose Studio paper pack onto thin card.  I stamped the tree on the green paper and the bow, holly leaves and star on the red paper.  I cut out the tree, pot and star and attached them to the card with Pinflair glue as they were attached onto the embossed background.  The holly leaves were fussy cut, shaped and also attached with Pinflair glue.  I added gold nailheads to the tree and outlined the swirls with Diamond Stickles.  The holly leaves, pot, bow and star were highlighted with a Wink of Stella.  To finish I attached the red heart button to the pot.

Kath x

20 comments:

Barb said...

I absolutely love this card Kath. That is a gorgeous stamp and I really like what you've done with it. The embossing folder is really pretty too. Barb xx

Valerija said...

Wonderful card with great embossed background.

Sue said...

Another lovely christmas card.

hope you are enjoying the weekend. Sue

Jarka Ef said...

:-D nice card. only artists can have christmas every day :-D (btw I was thinking of making christmas cards, because I can´t make them all in december )

Kajcyika said...

This is just so lovely :) Beautiful card!

Di said...

Absolutely fabulous card Kath - love the tree so much, and the EF is on my wish list now! You little enabler :)

Hugs

Di xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and such a lovely colour..x
 {aNNie}

brenda said...

Nothing beats the traditional Christmas colours Kath and so striking against the white embossing.

I hope you have a good Sunday.

B x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a lovely traditional CAS Christmas card! I just love the embossing.

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

KandA said...

This is a gorgous christmas card Kath. Love the design with the embossed background and the super Woodware tree xx

Bonnie said...

What a pretty CAS card, Kath! I love this tree and the sweet, tiny stars embossed behind it! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Kath! Thank you so much for your kind words and well wishes! So sorry I haven't been around to visit much - the flu took a lot out of me but I am finally on the mend, but have some stressful times ahead! I wanted to pop in one last time before I go to wish you a Happy Spring! I love your Christmas card! The sparkle looks gorgeous and I love the embossing! This just reminded me I'm going to fall behind in my Christmas cards while I'm gone! I guess I'll have to double up when I get back - I'll see you sometime in May!

Susan Joyce said...

Gorgeous CAS design Kath, I like your tree image too. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Ooh this is so pretty Kath

Greta said...

Beautiful tree & card--love the dry embossing!

Adventures in Paperland said...

Your starry background is the perfect setting for this Christmas tree. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Lisa DT

meg said...

Beautiful

Helen said...

Lovely card - the embossed star background looks fab!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

cotnob said...

This is a super Christmas card Kath, a very striking design.
Pauline
x