Thursday 3 March 2016

Elegant Reindeer

I've just bought some new die storage so have had a good sort through my dies.  I came across this Elegant Reindeer die which had been a magazine freebie ages ago - perfect for Darnell's NBUS Challenge (for those who don't know, NBUS is 'Never-Before-Used-Schtuff'.


Card blank: 6" x 6" white hammer
Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large & Classic Scalloped Circles Large, Creative Dies 'Elegant Reindeer' (magazine freebie)
Embossing: Kars tan embossing mat
Card: Snippets of white hammer, red mirri, brown and gold card

I die-cut and embossed a circle from white hammer card and a scalloped circle from gold card.  The white circle was layered onto the scalloped circle and attached to the card front.  I die cut the Elegant Reindeer from brown and gold card and attached it to the circle, inlaying a gold scroll in the reindeer body.  I die cut an extra couple of snowflakes (these are also on the same die) and attached them to the card.  To finish, I die cut the bow from red mirri and attached it to the reindeer.  I was going to attach a red gem to its nose, but didn't have one small enough so will keep this as a flat card for cheaper posting.

Kath x

10 comments:

!neke said...

This reindeer is really elegant !
Great card !

Ineke X

brenda said...

What a very elegant card with that lovely reindeer Kath.

B x

Barb said...

Your card is beautiful Kath and he's certainly very elegant. I love his little red bow. Barbxx

meg said...

Love the simplicity of your card the reindeer is the star

Sue said...

Hi Kath, Lovely card.

Hope you have had a good day. Sue

Valerija said...

Really cute and elegant reindeer. Lovely card!

Kathleen said...

Superb CAS card and a lovely Rudolph.

Kath x

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Kath, such a super die cut Reindeer.
Pauline
x

Darnell said...

I love this balanced composition, Kath, with your circle and scallops inside the square! That is one gorgeous reindeer to be giving away free! She looks so happy to be galloping across your card in the snow and I think the pretty red bow you gave her is just the perfect pop of red so no nose is necessary!! Besides, I'm thinking she is the partner of one of Santa's reindeer. Perhaps this is Olive the other reindeer?! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #6!! Hugs, Darnell

Karen Hasheck said...


​I saw ​your card linked at the ​NBUS​ challenge and just had to come see it in more detail. Awesome card! I am now your newest follower and would be honored if you visited my blog and became a follower too. http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.com/