Monday 21 March 2016

Happy Easter

This is my final Easter card using a lovely Lili of the Valley pre-coloured topper which was one of the die cut sheets I chose as my prize from the Lili of the Valley Spring Challenge.  I had over 40 sheets of toppers from their online store, so you'll be seeing lots more LOTV cards on my blog!

I used dark blue card for my layers to make it suitable for a man and perfect for The Male Room 'Easter' challenge.  I'm also entering the Cuttlebug Mania 'Happy Easter', Allsorts 'Easter' and A Gem of a Challenge 'Easter' challenges.  The card, paper and peel offs are all from my snippets drawers, so I'm popping across to the playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop.


Card blank: 7" x 7" white silk
Image: Lili of the Valley 'Spring Bunnies with Eggs' pre-coloured topper
Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Squares Large, Lacy Squares & A2 Matting Basics B
Embossing: Kars tan embossing mat
Snippets: Dark blue card, Wild Rose Studio Valetta Garden paper, Easter and zigzag peel offs 

I layered the paper onto dark blue card and attached it to the left side of my card.  I would have liked to cover the whole card with this bright paper, but I had to do the best I could with a snippet!  The topper was already die cut, but I placed it inside a Classic Square die, taping it so it wouldn't move, and then embossed the edge.  This was layered onto a die cut and embossed dark blue Lacy Square and attached to the card front.  I die cut and embossed a small oblong from dark blue card and attached the Easter peel off, I then attached it to the card with Pinflair glue.  To finish I attached a narrow zigzag peel off to a very thin strip of blue card and attached it to the lower section of the card.

Kath x

21 comments:

Valerija said...

So cute!

brenda said...

It's that cute image again Kath and a lovely fresh colour palette.

B x

brenda said...

Me again Kath, forgot to thank you for sharing your Spring card with us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

scrappymo! said...

This is so sweet! Love that pretty image.

scrappymo! said...

This is so sweet! Love that pretty image.

Sue said...

Hi Kath, I love this card. Are those bunnies really on Pogo Sticks?:) LOL

Hope you have a good start to the week. Sue

Sarn said...

Hi Kath . . . LOVELY Easter snippets card here. Such a cute image by LOTV.
We'll be making Easter Egg "boxes" in the After School Hooch Club over at the Playground this week.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Well done on winning, cute card, love the diecuts

!neke said...

Lovely Eastercard !!!!!I
Ineke X

Di said...

Oh Kath, this really is so adorable! Love the image and the layout/design of your card is perfect!

Hugs

Di xx

Debs said...

Adorable card Kath - suer cute image and I love the CAS design.
Debs xx

Barb said...

Such a pretty image Kath and colours are beautiful too. I like your layout. Barbxx

meg said...

Lovely card a relatively CAS design with a beautiful image and paper

cotnob said...

A super card Kath, such a sweet image and lovely CAS design.
Pauline
x

Kathleen said...

Fabulous Easter card such cute bunnies.

Kath x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and your layout,
Hugs, Kaz x

Dawn said...

Swet little card! I love the cute image! xx

KandA said...

Fabulous card Kath. Super topper and CAS design xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is really gorgeous, Thank you for playing along with us at Allsorts this week, good luck
Kevin xx

Darnell said...

This is a fabulous card, Kath! I actually love the effect created by only the snippet panel you had of that pretty paper! It is a keeper of a sketch and you're a winner in my book!! Hugs, Darnell

Swissie said...

A wonderful Easter card!
Thank you for joining Cuttlebug Mania this time!
Swissie DT