Friday 4 March 2016

Glitter and Grape Butterfly

A friend liked my White on White birthday card, but as she likes sparkle I've made her a similar card with lots of glitter.  I'm entering the current Butterfly Challenge 'G is for Glitter and/or Grape' and also the Allsorts 'Sentiment in Focus' and Seize the Birthday 'Anything Goes' challenges.



Card blank: Cream pearl
Dies: Memory Box 'Grand Happy Birthday' and 'Pippi Butterfly', Tattered Lace 'Mini Butterflies'
Card: Purple glitter, cream pearl
Paper: Lili of the Valley 'Timeless Victorian'

I layered a piece of lilac paper from the Timeless Victorian pad onto glitter card and attached it to the card front.  I die cut the Grand Happy Birthday from cream pearl card and the lower section from glitter card.  I attached double sided tape across the back of the cream die cut and inlaid the glitter letters.  This panel was then trimmed to size and attached to the lower edge of the card.  I die cut the butterflies from glitter card and attached them as shown.

Kath x

16 comments:

!neke said...

Kath this is a real sparkling one !!!!!
Love the sentiment !
I think iI own it......
Sometimes I get of the road in finding al the things I have.

Ineke X

Valerija said...

Wow, so pretty card. Love the glittering butterflies and the sentiment.
Have a good weekend!

Barb said...

Absolutely beautiful Kath. Perfect for the butterfly challenge too. Barbxx

brenda said...

You can never beat a butterfly or three Kath, lovely colours as well.

B x

Sammy said...

Beautiful! So pretty and elegant. Love it! x

Joan said...

Lovely card, like the two tone birthday greeting

Jean said...

A beautiful card Kath,I love the way you grouped the pretty sparkling butterflies.
Jean x

meg said...

Beautiful coours and butterflies

Mrs A. said...

I do like the inlay with the purple glitter card and the purple butterflies make a lovely second focal point. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge where your card will be entered into the draw twice. Hugs Mrs A.

Sue said...

Hi Kath, Love this one and especially the purple:)

Hope you have a lovely weekend. Sue

Judith said...

Very pretty - I love the sparkle x

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Kath! I made a card tonight for the Butterfly Challenge, using the same butterfly die as you, using purple card, which I covered with a clear glitter brush as I didn't have any glitter card........and then I checked on some of the blogs I'm following and saw your butterflies! Great minds were obviously thinking alike tonight. :-) xx

cotnob said...

A pretty card Kath, beautiful sparkly butterflies and lovely colour.
Pauline
x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Love this Kath, brilliantly clever!! Thanks so much for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

AlisonC said...

Lovley sparkle, I'm sure your friend will be pleased. I like the way you've used the die, it looks great.

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card. Love the sparkle color, my favorit.